When I try to sync my 8300 with pocket mac, It says unable to connect ... Macs & MacBooks forum

jacobwelsh no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Pocket Mac Please Help

Advertisement

When I try to sync my 8300 with pocket mac, It says unable to connect when clearly it is connected, What am i missing out on?

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: Pocket Mac Please Help

it was doing that to me earlier too... try rebooting, then when Mac comes back up, open PocketMac and click on the Blackberry icon, then watch for it to say "Available". When you do the sync the BB's screen should say connected to computer. Also my problem was I had the BB connected through a USB hub, once I connected directly to the Macbook it worked fine.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

jbanger no está en línea Stack level 2

i found that Pocketmac had to be running before you connected the BB, after that all worked fine!

jacobwelsh no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39
    it was doing that to me earlier too... try rebooting, then when Mac comes back up, open PocketMac and click on the Blackberry icon, then watch for it to say "Available". When you do the sync the BB's screen should say connected to computer. Also my problem was I had the BB connected through a USB hub, once I connected directly to the Macbook it worked fine.

I tried that hummm anything else

dpfels no está en línea Stack level 2

I have had some success switching between different USB ports. It seems as if a particular port gets locked or corrupted. Moving to another port has cleared this up for me.
    Dan

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: Pocket Mac Please Help

All the suggestions below are correct and helpful and I can tell you from personal experience it is a finnicky process at best. Try both USB ports, and especially pay attention to if Pocketmac shows your PIN number when you start the application and hit the Blackberry icon. If it does, start your sync.

rphall32 no está en línea Stack level 1

Will Pocketmac let you transfer music and media files to the Curve? I can NOT figure it out if so. Please somebody help out because that is one of the main reasons I bought this device. Thanks in advance to anyone who can respond...