I have a 7100g and an iBook G4 running Tiger. I cannot for the life ... Macs & MacBooks forum

hxc04 no está en línea Stack level 1

Pocket Mac and iCal

Advertisement

I have a 7100g and an iBook G4 running Tiger. I cannot for the life of me get my Blackberry and iCal to sync with Pocket Mac like they suppost to. Please give me some help.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Pocket Mac and iCal

Quote Originally Posted by hxc04
    I have a 7100g and an iBook G4 running Tiger. I cannot for the life of me get my Blackberry and iCal to sync with Pocket Mac like they suppost to. Please give me some help.
    It would be great if PocketMac worked as advertised for ALL users. It's one way sync only for many users. Don't try to make changes on your Blackberry and sync back to your mac. Purge all contacts and calendar data on your Blackberry, export the calendar, then download contacts as vcards. Next import the vcards into AddressBook and calendar into iCal, sync with PocketMac. The second time you do it you'll need to delete all data from AddressBook and iCal. Some contacts will have all info, others not. That all cleared up when you export vcards and import them into AddressBook. It's tiresome I know… let me know if it works or you find and alternate.

hxc04 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have no idea how to do the vcard.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    more info here:

http://www.imc.org/imc-vcard/mail-archive/maillist.html

http://the.taoofmac.com/space/vCard

hope that helps.

MCM
    MCM no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204C8C85

Any luck in getting it done? I am having the same problem ie cant get my data from iCal to sync with BB via the USB cable.... help!

MCM
    MCM no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204C8C85

problem solved.... with the nice version...

Terrytwn no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by hayden
    It would be great if PocketMac worked as advertised for ALL users. It's one way sync only for many users. Don't try to make changes on your Blackberry and sync back to your mac. Purge all contacts and calendar data on your Blackberry, export the calendar, then download contacts as vcards. Next import the vcards into AddressBook and calendar into iCal, sync with PocketMac. The second time you do it you'll need to delete all data from AddressBook and iCal. Some contacts will have all info, others not. That all cleared up when you export vcards and import them into AddressBook. It's tiresome I know… let me know if it works or you find and alternate.

How do you purge the contacts on the BB? I've searched and searched and cannot find it. Please advise. Thanks.

Davidkahn01 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrytwn
    How do you purge the contacts on the BB? I've searched and searched and cannot find it. Please advise. Thanks.

Yes, how? I have a similar problem. I used PocketMac to sync bookmarks on my MAC to my blackberry (8700g). After doing this I got a new icon called "bookmarks manager" on my 8700 with all of my bookmarks. So far, great. The problem is I am unable to edit or delete any of these bookmarks. Bookmarks manager has no menu item giving the option to edit or delete. It looks like I am forced to go to my MAC to edit or delete individual bookmarks there, then re sync everything once again to the blackberry hoping that old bookmarks on the blackbery have been written over by the new sync.

David

Gilles9 no está en línea Stack level 1
    That's a problem, no way to delete Bookmark Manager neither the attached bookmark
    this subject is elsewhere in these forums
    If you ever find out, please advertise the solution

Thanks

Raya no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E200AC
    I started a Thread on this called "Deleting an unwanted Module" in the RIM Blackberry 71XX Forum. I deleted my bookmarks with the Blackberry Desktop by using a PC, but this did not delete the Bookmarks Manager App. A tech from Pocket Mac suggested that I can delete this App again using the Blackberry Desktop on a PC. I have not done this yet. I've managed by Hiding the App. Then, again, there's nothing like deleting the App all together (if preferred). Also, one of the Pinstackers in the above-mentioned Forum suggested an idea that perhaps you can look into.

funkym no está en línea Stack level 3

I have

You can import vcard, ical and vcal files by sending them attached to an email to your BlackBerry and use the vCardMaster to add them to your address book.

Labull no está en línea Stack level 1

I hope this issue has been resolved since 2005.

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: Pocket Mac and iCal

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles9
    That's a problem, no way to delete Bookmark Manager neither the attached bookmark
    this subject is elsewhere in these forums
    If you ever find out, please advertise the solution

Thanks
    Has anyone tried de-selecting the option in to include Bookmarks Manager in the PocketMac preferences, then synching again?

Labull no está en línea Stack level 1

yes...i tried only syncing ical. does not work.