My setup is a Macbook Pro core 2 duo, pearl and bluetooth. I have been ... Macs & MacBooks forum

erick no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23ff9086

Pearl, Mac and bluetooth

Advertisement

My setup is a Macbook Pro core 2 duo, pearl and bluetooth.

I have been using my pearl as a modem for a while now, and have noticed that it is not all that reliable. When in my condo it seems to work ok usually, but, if I go down the street a mile, half the time I am not able to connect at all. The strange thing is, I have a minimum of 4 and 3 bars respectively and I am on the att network. Has anyone else experience this.

I am curious to hear from Mac and Windows users.

(Warning, not Blackberry related)

Another question that I have never been able to get a satisfactory answer too. Lets see if anyone here knows. Why is it that people refer to a Windows box as a PC and not a Mac? Macs are also PCs (Personal Computer).
    Last edited by erick; 06-23-2007 at 10:33 AM.
    The first step to curing your (Blackberry) addiction is admitting your addicted. What addiction, I don't have an addiction!!!

jwlussow no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Pearl, Mac and bluetooth

Quote Originally Posted by erick

Another question that I have never been able to get a satisfactory answer too. Lets see if anyone here knows. Why is it that people refer to a Windows box as a PC and not a Mac? Macs are also PCs (Personal Computer).
    This comes from a time when Apple's management were absolute morons. IBM gave Bill Gates his money when he asked for $75,000 for the rights to DOS and IBM refused and decided to give him a percentage of each computer sold.

Apple made many mistakes at that time. The Apple II was a huge success but Steve Jobs wanted his Macintosh to be the companies main computer, thus pushing all the Apple II owners to Microsoft. Then Jobs was out and a line of idiots ran Apple until Jobs came back to try to do a turnaround. By that time Windows was the PC of choice for businesses and individuals. Apple has been fighting (and pretty successfully) an uphill battle since then. There are many people who believe that if Jobs wasn't fired originally, Apple would be the computer of choice.

At this point companies with limited budget (and a few with a lot of money) support only Windows because Windows has a lock on the most users.

Ahk10 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F1C01F

Re: Pearl, Mac and bluetooth

i cant even get my pearl to sync via bluetooth with my macbook