The setup: If I create a Group on my Blackberry, I can add contacts to ... Macs & MacBooks forum

toon no está en línea Stack level 2

Pearl "Groups" causisng major issues...

Advertisement

The setup: If I create a Group on my Blackberry, I can add contacts to it for mass-mailing. If I create a Group in Address Book (on my Mac), I can also add contacts to it, but only for filtering (not for mass mailing). Knowing that, here are my problems.

1) Any "Group" I create in Address Book transfers to the BB as a "Category."

2) Any "Group" I create on the BB transfers to my Mac as an actual contact. In other words, "Inetech Employees" (or whatever) is a group on my phone, but when I sync to my Mac, it comes over as a contact (because the BB stores groups in the same way it stores contacts).

3) Synching between my Mac and my BB doesn't work unless I over-write one or the other (I have a feeling this is being caused by the presence of Groups, because I believe two-way sync used to work fine before I added groups).

So, now, the question: How can I get my groups to sync between my Mac and my BB? I'm fine with having to over-write one device or the other, because I normally only input data on one, not both. But first I have to get them both to treat Groups in the same way. The problem is if I over-write the Mac, I get a blank contact for all my groups. And if I over-write the BB, I lose all my groups and end up with a bunch of "categories".

Hope this makes sense... any ideas, Mac users?

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Pearl "Groups" causisng major issues...

Moving to the Mac forum. Are you using Pocket Mac to sync?

ajmctaggart no está en línea Stack level 3

Off the top of my head (And this is by no means a very GOOD idea)

If PocketMac Support can't help w/ this, why not somehow write an AppleScript to prompt your address book for "tags," say you have group X you need to keep in group for emailing company wide info...

The applescript would seek for the "X" in each category (you would put that in while making the contact, say under Notes)

After finding these it prompts for this new group name, then placing those contacts into the same group.

there would need to be a clause that made sure any groups on your PC already didn't get prompted for.

The problem is, how to get the Address Book to not categorize in the first place i guess...

Im still thinking about, will get back to you

ajmctaggart no está en línea Stack level 3

forget any ideas i had before, Mark Space is supposedly going to have a sync utility up and available w/in 2 months that will dismiss any frustrations you currently have.

check it out-

markspace.com

Good Luck-Anthony

toon no está en línea Stack level 2

That's great! Thank you so much for helping out on this!!