A good read for Mac users: I’ll begin here with the summary and call for ... Macs & MacBooks forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

OS X and BlackBerry Sync

Advertisement

A good read for Mac users:

I’ll begin here with the summary and call for cooperation for the sake of OS X and BlackBerry users everywhere! I have included sync instructions at the end of this post FYI.
    Mark/Space has EXCELLENT syncing software for phones and OS X users known as the “Missing Sync”. It includes an easy-to-use interface and it works easily and reliably. Currently it handles an advanced sync for platforms like: PalmOS (Treo, etc), Windows Mobile (Blackjack, Q, etc), and even the Sony PSP. The reliability and support for the product is very worth the ~$40 USD cost. If only there was a Missing Sync for BlackBerry (they have a survey for readers to fill out)…
    Research In Motion (RIM)’s BlackBerry is an excellent phone platform, working off years of refinement by the pickiest of consumers. They’ve now added multimedia functionality on the Blackberry Pearl that works pretty well and, if properly marketed, should open up their user base (it’s inexpensive for a Smartphone too!). The Pearl is available through America’s largest - Cingular, T-Mobile, and the Canadian powerhouse Rogers.
    So if you own a BlackBerry and use OS X, here’s the good and the bad news…

Read On

kpishdadi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: OS X and BlackBerry Sync

o0o. Missing Sync for bb. I can't wait!!!!

$40 is definately worth being able to sync iphoto and itunes

FastEddy23 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23skidoo

I offered US$10 for it since the BB / RIM software does work ...

PIN/ID
    ask me

theyre charging $40. it's on their website

http://markspace.com/missingsync_blackberry.php

jwlussow no está en línea Stack level 3

Still no app loader. PocketMacs works maybe 25% of the time. Mostly my 7100i just reboots without installing anything, even directly from the third party site that is included in the program. I'll do the Missing Sync to see if it syncs better but we need an app loader for Mac

PIN/ID
    ask me

Yep. PocketMac is decent with the pearl but i have problems with it duplicating annual events that reaccur.

ajmctaggart no está en línea Stack level 3

I Just wish there was a simple solution, like Palm built right FROM PALM! it's so frustrating to go between Mac and XP, just to load an app.

The thing that has really been bothering me, is that the handy "BookMark Manager" that PocketMac offers (which is pretty cool, I must say...) Isn't even recognized as a valid application from the Blackberry Desktop Manager. So everytime I link up to an XP machine, the Desktop Manager automatically removes it, w/ no option to leave it as is...very annoying

PIN/ID
    ask me

I'm beta testing the markspace missing sync for blackberry. They've got a lot done quickly! It's pretty nice compared to pocketmac... a little buggy but they're working it out. Its definately something worth paying for, especially the itunes sync.

diesel1218 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32CAA233

how are you beta testing? I want to download the beta...
    Blackberry 8830 WORLD EDITION

Blackberry PIN - 32CAA233

MySpace http://www.myspace.com/andrews9

PIN/ID
    ask me

They invited people

niknud no está en línea Stack level 2

I would be very cautious of any product Mark Space produces. I am currently a Treo 650 owner... tooling around pinstack the last few days exploring my options to switch to the pearl living in an iMap & mac environment and how will my transition be completed in a smooth manner...

That said, mark Space for the Treo is a nightmare. My sync success is less than 25% of the time. They use to have an option of the handheld overwriting the desktop... they removed that somewhere along the way... which made their software even less effective.

They release software often with more bugs in it than previous versions. I even went so far as to having to request a refund from them once, which to my surprise they actually did honor. A few months later they touted a new a better version, I ponied up only to be caught up in the same whirlwind of crashed and unsuccessful wasted sync's.

If the only advantage to markspace is syncing your itunes and iphoto, don't bother, do it yourself manually, it will save you hours of frustration.

diesel1218 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32CAA233

can you send me the beta file that you downloaded for the missing sync.
    Blackberry 8830 WORLD EDITION

Blackberry PIN - 32CAA233

MySpace http://www.myspace.com/andrews9

PIN/ID
    ask me