OK so let me get this straight... to get stuff from your mac to your ... Macs & MacBooks forum

bobertstowers no está en línea Stack level 1

Nubie PocketMac Question

Advertisement

OK so let me get this straight... to get stuff from your mac to your BB you have to have a .Mac account... correct? So that means that inorder to get stuff from my Mac to my BB I have to pay $108/year.... That BLOWS!!!!! Please tell me I am wrong and that I don't have to get a .mac account and that there is a way to get stuff from my mac to my BB!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

larryw no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Nubie PocketMac Question

I sync with Pocketmac and Entourage w/o a .mac account just fine. I gave up on MissingSynch because of the .mac AppleTax (anyone want to buy my MissingSync license/copy, cheap?).

jason8888 no está en línea Stack level 3

.Mac Apple tax? I must have missed something. What does that mean?

And, yes, I may be interested in buying your Missing Sync license if it's really transferrable.

wankim no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A085F7

Quote Originally Posted by bobertstowers
    OK so let me get this straight... to get stuff from your mac to your BB you have to have a .Mac account... correct? So that means that inorder to get stuff from my Mac to my BB I have to pay $108/year.... That BLOWS!!!!! Please tell me I am wrong and that I don't have to get a .mac account and that there is a way to get stuff from my mac to my BB!
    I'm not sure what "stuff" you're trying to get over, but I don't think a .Mac account is necessary for getting data over to your BlackBerry. One of the Sync apps should let you get your contacts and calendar items I think. I'm a avid Mac user, but all my BlackBerry sync items have been on my work PC. I have installed one of the MissingSync apps to install BlackBerry apps, and it works fine...but that's the extent of what I've done so far...

yikes no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by bobertstowers
    No, you are completely off. PocketMac has .Mac support to let you sync to .Mac if you use it. Otherwise, it will synchronize with almost every major program on the Mac, including iCal and AddressBook, Entourage, in addition to several lesser known programs as well.

To set this up, click on the BlackBerry icon, and for each category of data you can choose which application you want to sync with.

d8nnii no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569098C

I've been using PocketMac to sync my stuffs from Entourage to my BB and eveything went on well. Except that I eventually gave up because Entourage is slow like snail and end up I used different app to sync information to my bb.