Hi! I have just purchased a Macbook Pro and an 8700g. Is there any software ... Macs & MacBooks forum

mik
    mik no está en línea Stack level 2

Newbie Help Please - Backing up (NOT syncing) blackberry on a Mac

Advertisement

Hi!

I have just purchased a Macbook Pro and an 8700g.

Is there any software that allows me to do a full backup (as well as install new apps)

Can I stress that I am NOT syncing to any software and purely want to backup the data on my blackberry.

Help appreciated.

Thanks

Mik

jwlussow no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Newbie Help Please - Backing up (NOT syncing) blackberry on a Mac

Quote Originally Posted by mik
    Hi!

I have just purchased a Macbook Pro and an 8700g.

Is there any software that allows me to do a full backup (as well as install new apps)

Can I stress that I am NOT syncing to any software and purely want to backup the data on my blackberry.

Help appreciated.

Thanks

Mik
    PocketMac and Missing Sync will do backups but you are much better off throwing XP on the MacBook and doing everything through Desktop Manager. There really is very little, if any real Mac support by RIM. I hope this changes.

USArmyWife no está en línea Stack level 3

if htere is i havnt figured out how to do it.
    I'm a Pirate Ninja !

PIN: 24082565

mik
    mik no está en línea Stack level 2

Hi jwlussow

I am running Parallels, but trying to move as much as I can over to the mac?

>>you are much better off throwing XP on the MacBook and doing everything through Desktop Manager.
    Why is that?

Thanks

Mik

jwlussow no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by mik
    Hi jwlussow

I am running Parallels, but trying to move as much as I can over to the mac?

>>you are much better off throwing XP on the MacBook and doing everything through Desktop Manager.
    Why is that?

Thanks

Mik
    Desktop Manager is RIM's way of doing things. It is supported and is very reliable. No such thing on a Mac. PocketMac and Missing Sync have caused more problems for me than they fixed. I have NEVER been able to install programs via PocketMac and I have NEVER had a fully successful sync between the phone and PocketMac or Missing Sync.

I would have to borrow a friends PC to do software updates and basic back ups. I even had the mix of PocketMac and BB kill about 140 of my business contacts. The first sync seemed to work fine but as I found out later the names were copied to the phone but the contact info wasn't for 140 out of around 375 contacts. When I synced a second time, the phone info overwrote the computer info and those contacts were lost from both phone and computer.

Until RIM decides to support Mac you are better off running XP on your MBP, at least for the phone's sake.