Hi, what's up Pinstack? I happen to stumble upon this site after doing a google ... Macs & MacBooks forum

hperkins1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Newb!

Advertisement

Hi, what's up Pinstack? I happen to stumble upon this site after doing a google search and boy is there a wealth of information here... I ordered a BB Pearl a few days ago because my crappy Sharp flip phone that I have had for two years, is on it's last leg!

I never owned a smart phone before, but I must say, when I saw the Pearl in T-mobile, I was sold. I ordered it from T-mobile.com and it will be here monday.

I have two questions, As many of you are, I am too a Mac owner (mini 1.5ghz-G4dp 1.25ghz) how is the BBP working out for you guys/girls?

What are some must have apps for this baby?

Hperkins1

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Newb!

welcome to pinstack hperkins! where blackberry professionals connect!

#1 must have - google maps - www.google.com/gmm from your bb browser

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

First of all, welcome to the stacks and secondly, some apps that I have are JiveTalk, Google Maps, BB Tetris, pocket express, voice recorder+, ultimate bet poker, pacman, opera mini, bass assassin, plusmo, and soduko. All of these apps I found off of this site so you can look and you'll find them.

COJO 24

kpishdadi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

I'm an avid mac & pearl user

Here is a post I wrote up on my blog for my friend when he got his pearl.

http://www.wiphey.com/2006/12/10/the...rackberry-pie/

PS. google maps isn't on my list. I don't use google maps because my car has GPS but a lot of people seem to love it

Cojo I see you have a number of apps and games on your BB, how were you able to load them? I was reading on this forum that you can't load games and apps using a mac because pocketmac will only sync not install..

kpishdadi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

You can still install OTA, or use a PC to install apps

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hi CP, thanks for offering, but I don't have any more questions at this time, but once my BB pearl comes tomorrow, I am quit sure that I will have more than a few! Oh I do have a question, is Opera mini worth the download, or would you recommend that I stick with the browser that comes with it?

Hp

sean350z no está en línea Stack level 1

Download it and try it out, it's free. I downloaded it and didn't really care for the speed or the fact that when you try to enter text in a text box it opens another window to enter the text. Another thing that didn't do it for me was if you click the wheel to goto another page, the default first click is 'clear' not 'goto'.

You might like it, it's def worth the time to download and try though. If you don't like it you can just delete the app just as quick as it was to download it.