Parallels Version 3.0 VERY nice features in the latest version, including an update to coherence... ... Macs & MacBooks forum

hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

New Parallels 3.0 Released

Advertisement

Parallels Version 3.0

VERY nice features in the latest version, including an update to coherence...

"Run any combination of your favorite Windows-only software directly from your Mac Dock, without seeing Windows! Coherence eliminates the need to switch between operating systems to use your favorite software."

We all know, the "favorite Windows-only" application they refer to is BB Desktop Manager!!!

And, the one thing I really like - under their "Top 5 Reasons To Run Parallels":

3. Use any phone, MP3 player, and camera with your Mac.
    With Parallels, you can use your favorite devices, even if they’re Windows-only. Connect your Blackberry, phone, camera, and MP3 player to your Mac!

Nice to see them give a little love to the BB

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Re: New Parallels 3.0 Released

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Nice catch! Does it work?

hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

Re: New Parallels 3.0 Released

I just installed it.. works quite nicely.. I actually had some issues w/ the previous version of Parallels, the Vista installation I had kept going corrupt after 2 or 3 reboots - I haven't experienced that yet. There's also a nice new feature called "Snapshot Manager", which is essentially like the Windows System Restore, but its done BEFORE the boot into Windows, so if you're Virtual machine DOES get corrupted, you can just revert back to the old one.. VERY NICE!

I haven't started installing any apps yet, I try to avoid using it as much as possible, but I will DL and install Desktop Manager tomorrow just to try it... I've had some luck with PocketMac so I hopefully won't actually NEED to use DM (other than for OS installs I guess..)

I'll post the results!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."