Hello Everyone, I have a bit of an odd situation. I had a mac-mini (running ... Macs & MacBooks forum

jkrums no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317CBE4F

New Macbook Not Seeing Pearl 8130?!?!

Advertisement

Hello Everyone,

I have a bit of an odd situation. I had a mac-mini (running tiger) which I recently sold off, and purchased a macbook (13" Aluminum Beauty) with Leopard. I plugged my 8130 into it after installing pocketmac and it didn't recognize the blackberry. Did I miss a step somewhere that I didn't know about? Any hints would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks.

John

iaxbbcp no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    PM me...
    I've noticed that there is a very specific order to getting the berry recognized on the macs... plug it in to the USB cable BEFORE you launch pocket mac...I know that if I do it any other way it doesn't recognize the phone...However since I upgraded my OS on my phone to 4.5 it is much better than in the past.. BTW I am running a mac mini with Leopard...
    iaxbbcp
    Tour 9630
    US Cellular

sugarspicebaby1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    usually my BB launches when I connect to my USB to sync - but after having issues with pocketmac for quite sometime (including ONLY being able to install themes and apps OTA) I purchased Missing Sync about 6 mths ago. If you continue to have probs, pay the cost once, and they have excellent customer service.

*I have a MacBook with Leopard

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    im gonna have to support sugarspice's answer Missing Sync is a one time payment thing and its the way to go if you have macs and a BB.
    Then again if you dont mind waiting a couple of months RIM did officially announce the Mac version of their Tools for Q1 2009

jkrums no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317CBE4F
    Thanks for all the input. All I can say is that I am just really fed up with Blackberrys poor support for macs. Again, appreciate all the help!!

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by jkrums View Post
    Thanks for all the input. All I can say is that I am just really fed up with Blackberrys poor support for macs. Again, appreciate all the help!!
    Believe me I share your frustration. However as its been stated the wait is about over. The solution RIM will be delivering will be well worth the wait. I know I will certainly take advantage of it.

via Archer's BlackBerry 8310

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Believe me I share your frustration. However as its been stated the wait is about over. The solution RIM will be delivering will be well worth the wait. I know I will certainly take advantage of it.

via Archer's BlackBerry 8310
    Indeed the pictures of the Mac suite look appealing and i am also eagerly waiting for it.

boricua no está en línea Stack level 3
    There are compatibility issues between PocketMac and new (late 2008) MacBook and MacBook Pro.

When trying to synchronize a BlackBerry smartphone and a new MacBook or MacBook Pro with PocketMac, the following error is received: Error1; (Skipping)

The BlackBerry smartphone does not connect properly to the Mac computer.

This is a reported issue.