So for the past 2 months, my 8300 has been syncing fine with my new ... Macs & MacBooks forum

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

New issue with pocketmac and iMac USB

Advertisement

So for the past 2 months, my 8300 has been syncing fine with my new iMac. Then yesterday I started getting an error that the pocketmac cannot find my device. Also, when I plug my device in, I get an error that reads "USB charging current is not sufficient. Verify that your handheld is connected to a powered USB charging source and that the proper USB driver is installed". I went through an hour and 15 minutes worth of diagnosis with Apple and all my hardware is working fine.

Well, I know the other day my computer had a new update installed but it didnt say what it was. I hadnt synced since then until yesterday. I dont get this error when I plug into my PC.

So now the problem begs, how can I update my pocketmac when I have the newest version available? How do I delete the sync from my BB and reload it so I can try if that works?

nikonianmike no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2440425B

Re: New issue with pocketmac and iMac USB

I am using a macbook pro with pocketmac. Often I get that USB charging current in not sufficient but I ignore it because my 8320 charges fine anyway, even with the warning. Have you tried removing the BB battery, reinserting it, then rebooting the BB. Then plug it back into the mac via USB. This worked for me when my device was not recognized. It has worked fine since. Another thing you may be able to do is when you call your service provider, see if they can connect you to RIM's tech support. They are very good at helping with the trouble shooting.

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

I actually completely removed the pocketmac again(all components) and then turned off the computer. Waited about a minute and turned it back on. Then I downloaded pocketmac all over again. I didnt plug my BB in until I had pocketmac all booted up. Ended up working fine after that.

Dont know why things happen the way they do, guess I wont question it now that Ive got it working correctly.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Any chance you are using the USB port on the Keyboard? (Apple Keyboard) If so use the ones on the back of the iMac you will not get those errors. That would also cause the device to be not reconginzed also.