Just bought a BB 8310 Curve, and downloaded PocketMac for BB from the RIM site. ... Macs & MacBooks forum

HSample no está en línea Stack level 1

Question New Blackberry and, of course, its issues

Advertisement

Just bought a BB 8310 Curve, and downloaded PocketMac for BB from the RIM site. The site says I'm downloading version 4.0.02b, and I've done that twice, but the program I get, according to "About PocketMac SyncManager," is v1.0.

That is the least of my problems, however. All I'm really trying to do is sync my contacts from Address Book into my BB. Initially, I synced all my contacts to my BB, but realized I don't need them all. Then I tried just syncing those I selected and placed into an Address Book group I created. But instead of getting rid of those contacts I don't want in my BB, PocketMac continues to sync all of the contacts.

But that is not the biggest problem. The biggest problem is that some of the phone numbers and email addresses for each contact I want synced to my BB don't transfer from Address Book. In some cases, no phone numbers transfer. In other cases, all the phone numbers do and not the email addresses. It's really maddening. And, of course, trying to get useful information out of AT&T from someone who knows what they are doing is impossible, and RIM's customer service options are a frustrating joke.

So I happened to find this site and noticed something called "The Missing Sync." Can anyone tell me whether the Missing Sync works any better than PocketMac? Or am i just doing something wrong with PocketMac?

If it helps your consideration, I use a iMac G5, motorola-based.

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    We have a few mac users that use missing sync, it works... But kinda pricy considering pocket mac is free...then again you get what you pay for (ie pocket mac = need to be redesigned)

But yes missing sync works for us.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mrmoe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    The software you have seems correct.

If you click on the "Blackberry Icon" then Status in Pocket Mac Sync Manager. On the bottom right you will see the version you have. It should read: Version 4.0.20b. Under Contacts / Address Book Contact. Click on Advanced Preferences and set to category. (You are going to have to Create a Category in address book. ex: BB contacts) Also select, Overwrite device.Once you have, go back to Pocket mac and try syncing again. (YOU WILL DO THIS ONE TIME). When completed go back to Advanced Preferences and change to Two-Way Sync.

Not sure why you can sync numbers but not emails. Seems strange. I am using 8310 w/ Pocket on G5 PPC with no problems. I never used Missing Sync, but have heard good things. My 2 cents.
    Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most.
    | The DarkSide of PinStack | FAQ | Downloads |

HSample no está en línea Stack level 1
    Cool. I think i'm finally beginning to understand this thing. Thanks!