PLEASE HELP ME! I just got rid of my PC and got an iMac. I ... Macs & MacBooks forum

adamjay79 no está en línea Stack level 3

Need Help Bad - Entourage 2008 Sync Issues

Advertisement

PLEASE HELP ME! I just got rid of my PC and got an iMac. I love my computer, but I cannot get pocketmac to sync my data. I was told there is an issue with Entourage 2008 and this program. Does anyone know a work a round or perhaps another program I can use. It is CRITICAL that I be able to sync my data.

Thanks in advance.

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38

Re: Need Help Bad - Entourage 2008 Sync Issues

poket mac is not syncable with 2008 yet, the new poket mac release will offer that, but for now you can get missing link, its pricy though
    "Drive by tornado-kicking, boy, i wish i could see that" - Yaku
    "Yeah! It was epic" - Gene

jchancellor no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: Need Help Bad - Entourage 2008 Sync Issues

Yes you can sync pocket mac with Entourage 2008. The only hang up is syncing tasks. I was able to sync by eliminating tasks from the sync. Also, you could always sync with iCal, iNotes, and address book then have Entourage 2008 sync with them. This feature is buried down in the preferences.

zjfarmer no está en línea Stack level 3

I would highly highly suggest buying Missing Sync. It is a great product that I have used with Palm, WM and BB. Go here to check it out for yourself and see what you think. The price is definatly worth it because of how easy it makes life. Let us know what you think.
    -- ZJ

"If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences." - W.I. Thomas

Dimndbk no está en línea Stack level 2

zjfarmer - have you been able to get your entourage 2008 calendar to sync with your BB. This is the only thing that I can't get to sync. I believe I have done everything that the FAQ from Missing Sync has told me to do.

Quote Originally Posted by jchancellor View Post
    Yes you can sync pocket mac with Entourage 2008. The only hang up is syncing tasks. I was able to sync by eliminating tasks from the sync. Also, you could always sync with iCal, iNotes, and address book then have Entourage 2008 sync with them. This feature is buried down in the preferences.

Just tried this and I am getting the same errors.

Entourage 2008 does not support the recurring tasks option so it hangs up when trying to sync with the blackberry. I have successfully synced my blackberry 8800 almost daily for the past two weeks with office 2008 just be unchecking the task syncing option.

You may try having the changing the options to have your blackberry overwrite the calendar, memos and contacts for the first time and then switch back to parity syncing. There may be some conflicts between the older and newer file formats. I remember having to reinstall pocket mac after I installed office 2008.

Also, at worst case only sync your blackberry with iCalendar, inotes and address book and then set Entourage to sync with them. This feature is buried somewhere inside of the preferences.

Oh yeah, I also found that having the blackberry plugged into the mac before you start pocket mac seems to help any issues with the software finding the bb.

I removed pocketmac from my computer and reinstalled. I tried all of the options mentioned above to get it to sync with Entourage all with no luck. I guess until an update comes out, I will have to sync with ical and address book and then have them sync with Entourage. What a pain.

dilipc no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I really love my iMac & my BlackBerry 8800. But I can't get contacts & tasks to sync even with demo version of Missing Sync. I'd like to be sure if it would work before I buy Missing Sync.