It appears MarkSpace has created v1.0 of their MissingSync for Blackberry. I went back to ... Macs & MacBooks forum

zentient no está en línea Stack level 2

MissingSync for Blackberry v1.0 (now out of Beta)

Advertisement

It appears MarkSpace has created v1.0 of their MissingSync for Blackberry.

I went back to check on the forum for their beta version, and it's, well, gone, presumably because they've now released v1.0 of course. Note there's a cross-grade option for previous users of other M/Sync products.

Find it >here<.

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: MissingSync for Blackberry v1.0 (now out of Beta)

What I want to know is that it will sync all catagories correctly (i.e. Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Notes). For anyone that is using it, please let us know. I'm willing to buy it if it is better than PocketMac (which is free). From what I have experienced, the newest version of PocketMac still does not address the sync problem with iCal tasks.

wxboss no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21DA38F3

Re: MissingSync for Blackberry v1.0 (now out of Beta)

Even with PocketMac's shortcomings, I experienced too many syncing problems with MissingSync. That and the $40 price tag will keep me with PocketMac for a while.

zentient no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs up Re: MissingSync for Blackberry v1.0 (now out of Beta)

Quote Originally Posted by wclyffe
    What I want to know is that it will sync all catagories correctly (i.e. Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Notes). For anyone that is using it, please let us know. I'm willing to buy it if it is better than PocketMac (which is free). From what I have experienced, the newest version of PocketMac still does not address the sync problem with iCal tasks.
    Well, I would recommend you at least give M/Sync a try. It's working fine for me 8800<>Mac, syncing categories for those core apps and I don't seem to be having problems with Task dates either.

Furthermore, I've read that you can expect them to add a few additional syncing possibilities "soon", such as syncing files in a folder on your Mac with your BB. They already do audio and photo syncing.

I'm still using a beta version, but if it continues to perform this well, I will be going for the full version. I had a slight blip the other day where iCal lost half the categories and all the data in my calendar before I synced. Based on a suggestion in the M/Sync forum, I reloaded the iCal backup I had made, reset the sync history from within M/Sync, and synced with my BB (which still had all the good, up-to-date calendar info). And voila, it all went smoothly back the way it was, just like a Mac should! I expect it was a SyncServices issue rather than an M/Sync issue. Anyhow, it only further convinced me that this is the product for me. FWIW, I'm just a happy customer of their M/Sync for Palm, so I trusted them enough to give their BB concoction a whirl.

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

zentient, thanks for a terrific post with very useful information! I appreciate the details of your experience before I give Missing Sync a try. Thanks again!!

DarkScribe no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by wclyffe
    Hi. I have just finished several hours playing with MissingSync and have definitely decided to stay with PocketMac. Perhaps if I only used the native address book and iCal apps I wouldn't have as many problems with MissingSync, but I use Offfice with Entourage and Missingsync is more than a little clumsy in the way that it handles Entourage's address book calendar, notes, tasks etc. Neither one handles Project Centre - I was hoping that MissingSync would fill that gap.

The main problem is that MissingSync doesn't allow Bluetooth synching, it is USB only. I really don't like to keep connecting my Blackberry to the computer and having it consistently charging before being fully discharged, I like to fully cycle all device batteries. Even without the old NiCad memory effect problems, modern batteries fare much better with full cycling.

I guess that a little further down the track all of these interfaces will improve, but until then, I'll stick with PocketMac. When I need to copy images or music across it is quite simple to drag and drop to the media card, so Missingsync doesn't really offer anything extra.

Regards

Jeff

kpishdadi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Im using MissingSync and SpanningSync (to sync with gmail). I've got about 20 calendars, some of them subscribed and tasks (basecamp & etc). I have zero issues anymore.

My biggest peeve with pocketmac is it duplicates repeating events so the same event shows up like 2 or 3 times for 1 day on the BB. MissingSync doesnt do it.

MissingSync also doesnt do the wierd category thing for contacts that pocketmac does. If you use ical & addressbook a lot, I suggest coughing up the $40. It's worth the lost time.

I still cannot get over that it syncs contact pictures for callerID. It even grabs peoples buddy icons from ichat. SO cool!

If the problems you are referrng to are from beta software, you should try the 1.0. Huge differences.

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

kpishdadi,
    Thanks for the info...I know you were a beta tester, too so this is helpful. My only issue with Pocketmac is that is does not sync iCal task dates correctly (drops the date), but from what I understand neither does Missingsync. I have no calendar issues, no address book problems, or notes issues (Entourage) with PocketMac. I have 1800 contacts and hundreds of calendar appts and tasks, and except for dropping the task date, PocketMac works fine. It even runs faster now with the new version. I'd move over if someone can assure me that Missingsync is actually syncing iCal tasks correctly!