hi, how do you all feel about missing sync vs pocket mac? I have a ... Macs & MacBooks forum

saladiro no está en línea Stack level 3

Missing sync or pocket mac

Advertisement

hi, how do you all feel about missing sync vs pocket mac? I have a done a little research and it appears that pocket mac is more user friendly, but would noy allow the xfer of media files or music. I like missing sync, but this seems a bit more complex. What i mean is that there appear to be a bunch of bugs (eg duplicate contact entries and some calendar syncing issues) Can missing sync sync with the entourage calendar and tasks?

please share your thoughts and opinions.

tks

chris93372 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31D7C73C

Re: Missing sync or pocket mac

Pocket Mac locked up my Powerbook (12") and wouldn't uninstall w/o some serious digging around in the System folder. Missing Sync works great for me. The trick is that Missing Sync syncs w/ Address Book and Calendar, not Entourage directly. You have to turn on Sync Services in Entourage. So the chain goes Entourage -> iCal and Address Book -> Missing Sync -> BB. The duplicate Contacts happens if you mess around with iSync also - I don't use it at all.

-chris

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by saladiro View Post
    hi, how do you all feel about missing sync vs pocket mac? I have a done a little research and it appears that pocket mac is more user friendly, but would noy allow the xfer of media files or music...
    if you have a memory card installed in your device it will mount just like a CD does so you can drag-n-drop files onto it under BlackBerry\Music

Quote Originally Posted by chris93372 View Post
    Pocket Mac locked up my Powerbook (12&quot and wouldn't uninstall w/o some serious digging around in the System folder. Missing Sync works great for me. The trick is that Missing Sync syncs w/ Address Book and Calendar, not Entourage directly. You have to turn on Sync Services in Entourage. So the chain goes Entourage -> iCal and Address Book -> Missing Sync -> BB. The duplicate Contacts happens if you mess around with iSync also - I don't use it at all.

-chris
    May I ask what OS you have? I have a new mac with leopard. Could I be in trouble. Has anyone else had problem

janie215 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256A910E

After having problems with Pocket Mac I eventually got missing sync (reluctantly as I had to pay for it) but I find it really easy. It worked first time! Great.

macthenaif no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31ABBD6C

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Missing sync has been great syncing to my BB 8830 and my wife's Curve.It's not perfect, but I have no complaints.

halo1982 no está en línea Stack level 1

Missing Sync has worked flawlessly with my Curve. It even imports my photos into iPhoto. Calendar and contact syncing have been problem free.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

I finally gave PocketMac a try with my new iMac OS X 10.5.1. The install went fine and the program seems to run fine. When i plug in my BB 8100 it shows as a device and allows me to select what items to sync.

I chose to sync with iCal, Address Book for the moment to just learn the process and how it works.
    When it's done with the sync i check and none of the data has been added to my iMac (iCal or Address book).

I also noticed the BB asks if i would like to enable Mass Storage mode and i select yes. The drive does not mount on the iMac.

A few moments later i get a grey screen that comes down with an error message asking me to shut down the computer or re-start? The iMac freezes i guess? I've never had that screen appear before.

So....I'm looking for some additional help with PocketMac.

All i'm trying to do is take all my BB contacts and BB calendar items and transfer them over to my new iMac.

Seems like it should be an easy process but for the life of me i can't get it done.

Any ideas?

What is the newest version of PocketMac?
    Will it work with Leopard?

Thank
    Last edited by srl7741; 02-03-2008 at 11:07 AM.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Update to my above post ^^

Seems when you use PocketMac it matters what USB port you use on the iMac. I was using the keyboard USB Port to connect with.
    When i switched and used the USB Port on the back of the iMac PocketMac worked just fine.

Mass Storage mode worked fine also.
    PocketMac sync'd with everything perfectly.

I did not realize the Keyboard USB Ports were so weak.

drjman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204C49B7

I've had trouble with syncing on my Leopard machine.

PocketMac worked great (after tweaking and a million re-syncs), and I finally thought I had it, but after installing Leopard, I get all manner of weird bugs--duplicate entries, changes in categories and colors in iCal, all-day events are shifted a day to the left, times are 1-2 hours off (yes, I checked all my time/dates are -5 hours GMT), and lots of empty "work" "home" fields in address book.

Anyone else having this problem just with leopard?

I'm trying to sync about 4 macs and 2 blackberries.

Hi I have a new mac w leopard. And a bb curve. I tried pocket mac, and to sum it up, it crashed 9 out of 10 times. (Perhaps I messed up on some setting). Anyway, I shelled out the $40 for missing sync and it's GREAT. I would say 1 out of 50 syncs crashes. .....One side point, I went on mac online and downloaded an "add on" to show holidays in ical. What's wierd, is that some holidays like april fools (apr 1) come in double. But not all, like xmas. It may have something to do with the fact that I originally had my bb with a pc.....but I can live with itBottom line I recomend going with missing sync

Bigberry no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Do not waste your time with pocket mac, missing synch might cost you some money, but your time and your sanity are worth far far more.
    Technology Took Away My Vinyl

sugarspicebaby1 no está en línea Stack level 3

This is interesting considering right now I'm having trouble deleting an app. w/ Pocket Mac - a college student on a budget but I'll find a way to fit in if Missing Sync works better - Thanks guys!

funkym no está en línea Stack level 3

I am using PocketMac for about a year by now. It is not really good but it works for simple stuff like contacts and tasks. The memopad sync also synchronizes well with the mac stickes. However, I think missingsync is better. should get it someday ...