Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am planning on get a Mac. I have a 8320. I heard Macs and ... Macs & MacBooks forum

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70

Missing Sync

Advertisement

I am planning on get a Mac. I have a 8320. I heard Macs and BlackBerry aren't the best of friends. i was hoping someone could fill me in on what the program "Missing Sync" is. Thank You very much for you time...and thanks in advance.

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890

Re: Missing Sync

Hi Hack! Im using MacBook and a BlackBerry 8320. I never had a problem with "Missing Sync". Please let me know if you need anything.
    A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him. Fools admire, but men of sense approve.

PIN/ID
    249E4D70

Quote Originally Posted by Dasher View Post
    Hi Hack! Im using MacBook and a BlackBerry 8320. I never had a problem with "Missing Sync". Please let me know if you need anything.
    What is "Missing Sync" tho?

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

missing sync is a program built by mac users for mac users in regards to your BB. It syncs your photos, music, contacts......ya know all that stuff!

PIN/ID
    249E4D70

Does it work well?

~via True BlackBerry (wap.pinstack.com)~

adamjay79 no está en línea Stack level 3

Does it work with entourage 2008

adamjay79 no está en línea Stack level 3

Bump

saeder no está en línea Stack level 2

I can't personally attest to it working with Entourage, but I can tell you it definitely works with Address book. Found this on the Missing Sync page, https://support.markspace.com/index....barticleid=202

and the BB specific page is https://www.markspace.com/missingsync_blackberry.php

aunkster no está en línea Stack level 2

I use missing sync and have never had a problem,I just wish it would install apps.

Im using missing sync with leopard 10.5.2
    and pearl 8130

freepike no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have had several bumps with my mac and my blackberry, especially using Entourage 2008. I haven't worked out all the kinks yet. One thing is for certain, always check your settings carefully for which device (computer versus BB) over writes the other or how the two devices sync.

Remember to edit in your blacberry or in Entourage. Dont edit in Address book. For some reason they all 3 don't sync very easily.

My only other problem is the Note files I have tend to get duplicated multiple times when I sync.
    Last edited by freepike; 03-08-2008 at 10:32 PM.

califjewls no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have used Missing Sync with a Motorola Q (which I hated) and now my new Blackberry Pearl 8130 (which I love!) and it works great! Much better than PocketMac which is not useful at all. I use Mac's iCal and Address Book with my BB daily with no problems. Good luck!

sugarspicebaby1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    You have the choice of Pocket Mac - FREE or Missing Sync - you pay for it but it works WAY BETTER of the 2 -both do essentially the same functions for syncing your BB info and you get ALOT better customer service with Missing Sync!

- tom - no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    You better buy parallels, install it along with XP pro. It works flawlessly between Mac & BB.

Other setup, use FREE pocketmac, syncronize everything one way from your BB to the Mac. Opted out the option to Sync BB with entourage. THEN, to make everything on BB is also on Entourage, you choose option @ Entourage to make it Sync with Mac's iCal & AddressBook.

So, make your BB sync with Mac's iCal & AddressBook, and let Entourage get everything from there.

Buy Mac, you won't dissappointed.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jkrums no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317CBE4F
    Does missing sync have any kind of Demo? I am a little gun shy about paying for a sync program after the mess that pocket mac made.

adam.sn no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    4c7dab38
    Missing Sync is amazing... i'm so impressed at how simple it is to do things... definitely the mac way of getting things done. It integrates seamlessly with everything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast