Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

has anyone out there used this theme, i haven't officially recieved my bberry yet, but ... Macs & MacBooks forum

killapril no está en línea Stack level 1

Question macberry

Advertisement

has anyone out there used this theme, i haven't officially recieved my bberry yet, but i'm so excited just to get rid of my god-forsaken razr! i have a mac at home and i know i need to get pocketmac, can anyone give a review on the macberry theme and/ or advice on what else i should know/need/have for my blackberry and mac love connection

thanks, e muchas gracias

gpretto98 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    205A40F9

Re: macberry

I am using it. I found it really cool. You get the same desktop as in OS X. You now address book icon, safari icon, and so on. Really nice looking theme. You should download it for sure. Well, regarding connection, maybe you should try soonr. With this app you can share your mac files with your BB device.

Hope I could help you.
    Regards.

mm
    mm no está en línea Stack level 2

pocketmac is really all you need for transferring your address book/ical/stickies/etc, and i'm pretty sure it's the only thing out there for our macbbs right now.

if you have access to a pc, you can download the bb desktop manager, then download berrypix. it's a great app, you can use any picture you like as a background or screensaver.

and i think you have to go the pc route to get the macberry theme, you can't download it to your mac, unless i just don't know how to do it. but be ready to pull your hair out with the pc. i had to search these boards for exact instructions... thankfully there are many posts here about it.

good luck!

Wombat no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2104929D

I'm using macberry and like it. I just moved into my iBook from a PC and am working out the syncing of my T|X and 7105t to the 'book. I also sync to my work PC laptop and use it to install everything, sofar.

TajJackson no está en línea Stack level 1

I recently purchased my Blackberry 8700g and I love it. Being a die-hard mac user, I was really excited to find the "MacBerry" theme online and installed it immediately. After playing around with the plazmic theme software, I decided to make my own mac theme from scratch. Borrowing heavily from the Macberry look and throwing in a couple of my own personal touches, I am finally done. I am calling this theme AquaBerry, but you can think of it as MacBerry 1.5 lol

Taj Jackson

triplethreatdance.com/AquaBerry/com_plazmic_theme_AquaBerry.jad

Let me know if you like it.

AquaBerry 8700

Hey fellow Mac Users. Per Request, I added Screenshots and an ALX download.

Both ALX and JAD Versions Zip
    snipurl.com/v6mb-MNYB6

ALX Version Zip
    snipurl.com/v6me-ASUEC

JAD Version Zip
    snipurl.com/v6mh-NQFG4

JAD OTA Download
    tinyurl.com/g4nw8
    Attached Images Attached Images

Couchsurfer no está en línea Stack level 1

Does anyone knoe if this theme can work on a 7290?

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: AquaBerry 8700

Quote Originally Posted by TajJackson
    Hey fellow Mac Users. Per Request, I added Screenshots and an ALX download.

Both ALX and JAD Versions Zip
    snipurl.com/v6mb-MNYB6

ALX Version Zip
    snipurl.com/v6me-ASUEC

JAD Version Zip
    snipurl.com/v6mh-NQFG4

JAD OTA Download
    tinyurl.com/g4nw8

It is so great you are taking the time to make this theme work. For all us Mac users out there, there would be nothing better than having our Blackberries sport the OS theme!!

I think your improvements are great, but here is the big issue for me and many users. I want to be able to set the font and have that font used throughout all screens of the theme. Most other themes are like this, and for those of us that are occasionally trying to squeeze by without our reading glasses, it really helps to have the font larger throughout all screens. Another design issue to consider is how much screen space the wings are taking up. It would be cleaner to thin out the lines as the design is using up much more of the vertical space than needed. It would also be great to use 6 icons across, rather than 5.

Okay, I realize you are doing all this for free....so ignore all this if it is too much!!

gpretto98 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    205A40F9

I´ve downloaded it. Aquaberry is really cool. Keep on the good jog.

Re: AquaBerry 8700

Quote Originally Posted by wclyffe
    It is so great you are taking the time to make this theme work. For all us Mac users out there, there would be nothing better than having our Blackberries sport the OS theme!!

I think your improvements are great, but here is the big issue for me and many users. I want to be able to set the font and have that font used throughout all screens of the theme. Most other themes are like this, and for those of us that are occasionally trying to squeeze by without our reading glasses, it really helps to have the font larger throughout all screens. Another design issue to consider is how much screen space the wings are taking up. It would be cleaner to thin out the lines as the design is using up much more of the vertical space than needed. It would also be great to use 6 icons across, rather than 5.

Okay, I realize you are doing all this for free....so ignore all this if it is too much!!
    I hear ya. Unfortunately the two things you mentioned I can't change with the current version of theme bulider. I can't alter the wings at all, I can only change the color. And the fonts in a custom theme can't be changed by the user's device. I didn't make the rules, I just follow them...lol
    If I am wrong, since I am still new to this, someone please show me the light!!

Treo700 no está en línea Stack level 3

It was made available my wife used it for a day or two but it was awful at best... Biggest downside was you couldn't change the font.
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchsurfer
    Does anyone knoe if this theme can work on a 7290?

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: AquaBerry 8700

Quote Originally Posted by TajJackson
    I hear ya. Unfortunately the two things you mentioned I can't change with the current version of theme bulider. I can't alter the wings at all, I can only change the color. And the fonts in a custom theme can't be changed by the user's device. I didn't make the rules, I just follow them...lol
    If I am wrong, since I am still new to this, someone please show me the light!!
    I'm not the one who would know, but I appreciate all you have done. It would be great to get this theme really flushed out as I would switch over in a second as I think many Mac users would. Thanks again.

gteague no está en línea Stack level 2

i've switched to it and i'm not looking back!

many thanks for the small font version, tj!

/guy
    We were somewhere around the Withywindle on the edge of the Old Forest when the drugs began to take hold. ~Hunter S. Tolkien

allenarany no está en línea Stack level 1

can some please put a OTA for Plazmic_theme_reader.alx, back up the link from yesterday is gone.

thanks inadvance

aa

Quote Originally Posted by allenarany
    can some please put a OTA for Plazmic_theme_reader.alx, back up the link from yesterday is gone.

thanks inadvance

aa
    Try these

http://tinyurl.com/epyya

http://homepage.mac.com/tajjackson//...eme_reader.jad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast