Hello - I'm brand new here. The job of troubleshooting BB problems was recently dumped ... Macs & MacBooks forum

mac_jack no está en línea Stack level 1

Mac vs. device email nightmare with BES

Advertisement

Hello - I'm brand new here. The job of troubleshooting BB problems was recently dumped on me because the administrator guy that was doing it was about to go postal. Unfortunately, I have very little experience with any of this.

Our company is in the prepress/mktg. industry and, thus, our sales guys mainly use Macs. We have recently installed a BES(that was supposed to eliminate duplicate email/misc. problems). But, instead, we're still having problems. At least two users, one using a 7130e and the other using an 8703e, are getting a duplicate email sent to their BBs whenever they just open an email on their Mac(using Microsoft Entourage). The user with the 7130e states: "Whenever I even breathe on my Mac, an email is sent to my BlackBerry." Now, I'm sure it isn't really THAT bad, but there's definitely a problem. The BB support told me to make sure his PocketMac app. doesn't have the email delivery option set. He doesn't have that set. Anybody have any clues here? I seem to have better luck when I physically attach the BB to the BES server with the USB cable during activation than when it's done wirelessly, but that's not an option with many of our users. I set my own BB 8703e up with the USB cable, I'm using Entourage on a Mac, and I don't have any problems with duplicate/excessive emails.

Help!!!!!!

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Mac vs. device email nightmare with BES

Welcome aboard. What version of BES do you have installed? Do you have any BIS accounts setup?