Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Just got a 13" Macbook ...Loving it ...Now i just have to find a way ... Macs & MacBooks forum

drummerking no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3059de93

Thumbs up Love the Macbook

Advertisement

Just got a 13" Macbook ...Loving it ...Now i just have to find a way to connect my 7130e (bell mobility) as either a tethered modem or via bluetooth...Although from the outset things aren't looking real good.
    I hope this changes soon.

hellosjm no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Mac Users: You asked for it...You GOT IT!

Finally was able to sync powerbook g4 and my pearl, taking info from the BB to the Mac., have not been able to get a thing back onto my new pearl, any suggestions. I have tried to install and reinstall pocketmac several times.

cameraspeed no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204EC259

I too am new to BB (8100-Pearl) and am failing to Sync up with my beloved G4 Powerbook. Please forgive my long windidness but I want to be sure that I am not making a simple mistake?

Using the USB-BB cable provided the display asks if I wish 'to turn on Mass Storage Mode? You might not be able to access some media files in this mode'. Selecting 'yes' my BB device appears on the finder and, for example, I am able to view my photo's.

Next I open up Pocket Mack Version 1.0 (1.0.8) and up pops a window with three icons: .Mac, BB and Sync. However the 'Device' drop down recognises no device; but Status reads ready? Checking the 'Connection' drop down, the USB option is selected. I then go to the Desktop menu and click on the 'Device' drop down, where I am unable to 'Add a device'.

Still not wishing to be defeated I click on the Sync button. After a few moments the following warning message appears:[10:55:53.708] Unable to connect to BlackBerry (error 1); skipping.

Ejecting the device from the Finder, I re-connect and this time say 'no' to the 'Mass Storage'. The following then appears- 'USB charging is not sufficient. Verify that your handheld is connected to a powered USB charging source and that the proper USB driver is installed'. How do I do that?

Now I really am confused. Perhaps there is a problem with the cable? I could try Syncing using Bluetooth... but my Bluetooth ability is disabled in the short term.

Any thoughts?

cameraspeed no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204EC259

... and one more thing... despite the warning that 'USB charging is not sufficient'... the computer does charge the BB, and this is indicated on the BB battery icon...

Now I truly am bewidered!?!

kpishdadi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Sorry nobody replied to you yet!

I'm intel, not ppc, but I do know that when i get the 'USB charging is not sufficient' message on my phone, it's not prepared to sync.

When your device is prepared to sync you will see a little usb plug icon next to the battery icon (as if it is charging), and then when you hit the sync button in pocketmac it will display a little animated picture of a phone connected to a computer on your phone.

Sometimes I have to eject the phone and reconnect the phone to a different usb port before it will quit giving me that dumb 'USB charging is not sufficient' message.

You'll also want to enable mass storage mode, and make sure your pocket mac is set to sync via usb connection (check in the settings when you click on the device).

Anyways, I hope this helped. If not, pin me or message me on aim (kpishdadi) and I'll try to help you out.

wankim no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A085F7

Have you tried using the BlackBerry desktop software within Parallels on the Intel Mac? I just switched to the 8100 (from the 8700c) and I can't get Parallels to recognize the BB when the USB cable is plugged in.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Wan.

hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

Are you using the last full version of Parallels or one of the beta's? I believe it'll work w/ the most recent Beta's (I can't confirm, cause I uninstalled it a few days ago and haven't gotten around to re-installing).

wankim no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A085F7

Hmm...haven't tried the Betas-- I take it they have the latest "updates" like USB 2.0 support, etc.? Maybe that's it; I'll try that sometime this weekend.

Thanks...

hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

yeah.. theres a bunch of new features in the Betas and one is definately USB 2.0 support... It looks like they are getting pretty close to releasing it as a full version!

gpmanj13 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi, can you confirm whether the blackberry 8703 can be synched with a mac? Verizon customer service says it can be only be used with a PC. I find that highly unlikely and hope it's just another expample of an unqualified customer service rep. please help, I only have 15 days to return the blackberry.

iMacj no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3070F784

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Select NO!!! For the mass storage question. It will not sync with mass storage turned on. Mass storage is only to drag and drop files on your SD microcard.

angelabbygrl no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23DE1232

Hi, I just registered here...I am wondering how to sinc pictures from my macbook pro to my BB 8700...help!

iMacj no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3070F784

Hello angelabbygrl:
    You can't sync them. Since I don't think the 8700 uses micro sd cards for mass storage I believe you would have to email them to yourself. I am not sure but I think you can tranfer them over bluetooth.

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: Mac Users: You asked for it...You GOT IT!

Quote Originally Posted by angelabbygrl
    Hi, I just registered here...I am wondering how to sinc pictures from my macbook pro to my BB 8700...help!

angelabbygrl, you cannot sync them quite yet, but MarkSpace is working on their sync software (currently in beta) that will eventually sync with iPhoto & iTunes for the Pearl and the new 8800.

What you can do is email the photos to yourself as an attachment (make sure they are not too big...like 20k or less) and then when you receive it on your Blackberry save the attachment. You can then see it using the "Pictures" application.

ikondave no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24218A7C

I'm waiting to read that the newest version of Missing Sync is working reliably before I buy a BB Pearl. I tried using PocketMac a couple of times with two different Treo models and had nothing but problems. If this beta Missing Sync delivers as desribed, it would represent a real advancement for Mac users.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast