Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 29 of 29

Just noticed #'s with only a business name dissapears.... Macs & MacBooks forum

  1. #16
    manapuaman's Avatar
    manapuaman no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    PIN/ID
    23f011d6
    Posts
    163

    Re: Mac Users!!! Missing Sync for Blackberry Public Beta

    Advertisement



    Just noticed #'s with only a business name dissapears.

  2. #17
    iMacj's Avatar
    iMacj no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    PIN/ID
    3070F784
    Posts
    70
    Thanks for the update. The only thing I don't understand is that if you create an new user account how would it sync your info? Perhaps if your address book is shared it would but would it still sync Entourage info? If I understand it correctly info from one home folder is not shared with another in OS X?
    Keep us posted. Pocket Mac is just not getting much done.
    Thank you.

  3. #18
    wclyffe's Avatar
    wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2
    Posts
    327

    Arrow Re: Mac Users!!! Missing Sync for Blackberry Public Beta

    Quote Originally Posted by iMacj
    Thanks for the update. The only thing I don't understand is that if you create an new user account how would it sync your info? Perhaps if your address book is shared it would but would it still sync Entourage info? If I understand it correctly info from one home folder is not shared with another in OS X?
    Keep us posted. Pocket Mac is just not getting much done.
    Thank you.
    iMacj, I just found out PocketMac is close to releasing an update. I'm not sure what the timeline will be, but I have corresponded with them recently and they said it will address numerous issues from the original PM4 release, and add some new features as well. We'll see....soon, I hope!!

  4. #19
    diesel1218's Avatar
    diesel1218 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    32CAA233
    Posts
    144

    Re: Mac Users!!! Missing Sync for Blackberry Public Beta

    yeah thanks but i doubt it will be much help.
    Blackberry 8830 WORLD EDITION

    Blackberry PIN - 32CAA233

    MySpace http://www.myspace.com/andrews9

  5. #20
    wclyffe's Avatar
    wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2
    Posts
    327

    Arrow Re: Mac Users!!! Missing Sync for Blackberry Public Beta

    Quote Originally Posted by diesel1218
    yeah thanks but i doubt it will be much help.
    You're probably right, but I'm trying to be optimistic that they'll just get the current version to work correctly after this much time. I've said this before: When I bought my first Palm OS device (1997?) it could not sync well with my Mac either. Eventually, Palm got it together, and the sync was pretty good and very fast. It will happen here as well just too slow for my tastes. I'll be onto the iPhone when its available!

  6. #21
    iMacj's Avatar
    iMacj no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    PIN/ID
    3070F784
    Posts
    70

    Re: Mac Users!!! Missing Sync for Blackberry Public Beta

    Hey Thanks wclyffe! Appreciate the update.

  7. #22
    jimrgraham's Avatar
    jimrgraham no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1

    Thumbs down 8100 and Entourage - Don't try it

    While it may work with Entourage notes, I tried it one time and it blew out Entourage completely. I've had to wipe the drive and reinstall Tiger from scratch not to mention all the other apps and data.

    Note quite ready for primetime.

  8. #23
    wclyffe's Avatar
    wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2
    Posts
    327

    Arrow Re: 8100 and Entourage - Don't try it

    Quote Originally Posted by jimrgraham
    While it may work with Entourage notes, I tried it one time and it blew out Entourage completely. I've had to wipe the drive and reinstall Tiger from scratch not to mention all the other apps and data.

    Note quite ready for primetime.
    I've heard this story before, but I have to tell you I'm synching a G4 Powerbook with OS 10.4.8 and I use Sync Services in the Entourage preferences to keep everything in sync between iCal and Address Book, too. This was if one of these programs messes up, I can hopefully still have my data correct in the other. I use PocketMac 4 with about 2000 contacts and hundreds of iCal events. The only thing that will not sync correctly are the tasks on the right date, but they do show up.

  9. #24
    zentient's Avatar
    zentient no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    73

    Re: Mac Users!!! Missing Sync for Blackberry Public Beta

    I'm just about to return to the BB world from Palm. I'm very happy with the idea except for this apparent syncing challenge. Do I understand that neither Mac syncing option (PM or MSync) is currently doing the job fully?
    I'm full of questions on this topic, so apologies in advance:
    • Are there any applications that don't sync with the Mac (from any Blackberry)?
    • Can notes/memos on BB be synced with anything other than Stickies with PM (I know about the MSync's good desktop memo app)?

  10. #25
    wclyffe's Avatar
    wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2
    Posts
    327

    Arrow Re: Mac Users!!! Missing Sync for Blackberry Public Beta

    Quote Originally Posted by zentient
    I'm just about to return to the BB world from Palm. I'm very happy with the idea except for this apparent syncing challenge. Do I understand that neither Mac syncing option (PM or MSync) is currently doing the job fully?
    I'm full of questions on this topic, so apologies in advance:
    • Are there any applications that don't sync with the Mac (from any Blackberry)?
    • Can notes/memos on BB be synced with anything other than Stickies with PM (I know about the MSync's good desktop memo app)?

    I'm not sure about Missing Sync, but PocketMac4 works with everything except the Tasks in iCal. There is also a new version where these items have been fixed to be released any day now.

  11. #26
    zentient's Avatar
    zentient no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    73

    Re: Mac Users!!! Missing Sync for Blackberry Public Beta

    Mac for Blackberry users, if you want to input on the features for the upcoming MissingSync for Blackberry, you should >go here<:

    Unfortunately, according to MarkSpace, they are not going to include OS upgrading as part of this upcoming version as they are focusing on getting PIM syncing right. I understand they have to focus and make choices, but what a missed opportunity.

    If I understand the situation correctly then, Mac users are totally out of luck when they want, or need, to upgrade their OS without PC access. You can't do an OS upgrade OTA either: is that correct?

  12. #27
    wclyffe's Avatar
    wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2
    Posts
    327

    Arrow Re: Mac Users!!! Missing Sync for Blackberry Public Beta

    Quote Originally Posted by zentient
    Mac for Blackberry users, if you want to input on the features for the upcoming MissingSync for Blackberry, you should >go here<:

    Unfortunately, according to MarkSpace, they are not going to include OS upgrading as part of this upcoming version as they are focusing on getting PIM syncing right. I understand they have to focus and make choices, but what a missed opportunity.

    If I understand the situation correctly then, Mac users are totally out of luck when they want, or need, to upgrade their OS without PC access. You can't do an OS upgrade OTA either: is that correct?
    That's correct. And there are other issues still involved in installing and uninstalling 3rd party apps as some will, and some won't. Without a desktop manager, Mac users (myself included) are out of luck.

  13. #28
    zentient's Avatar
    zentient no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    73

    Lightbulb Re: Mac Users!!! Missing Sync for Blackberry Public Beta

    wclyffe - Thanks for all your input and definitive answer; they are much appreciated.

    [I posted this on another thread here, but for completeness I include it here, too, even though it seems to repeat the same question; please forgive me for wondering, I'm grasping at straws here as I'd really like BB & Mac to love to live together:]
    I've done some digging around and wonder if the following procedure is a way to update the BB OS using PocketMac? I cannot confirm or deny if this works (I don't even have my BB yet!), and so don't try it yet unless you know what you're doing.
    • Can anyone with experience confirm whether this works or not?

    There is a procedure here on the PocketMac Knowledgebase explaining how to install the DST patch (see "Method 2" near the bottom). Apparently this patch is a ".alx" file, so why wouldn't this work for other .alx files? I don't know if this is a viable "OS upgrade" path, but it might allow Mac users to at least modify and load vendor themes or other .alx based files onto their BB's.

  14. #29
    zentient's Avatar
    zentient no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    73

    Re: Mac Users!!! Missing Sync for Blackberry Public Beta

    Take the MissingSync survey and let them know what you want in your Mac Blackberry sync product:
    >Survey Here<

    IMHO, two crucial gaps exist: the ability to do BB OS upgrading and to sync password with SplashID.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •