Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mark/Space has made the beta for Missing Sync public. For more info go here: http://forums.markspace.com/viewforum.php?f=16 ... Macs & MacBooks forum

kpishdadi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Mac Users!!! Missing Sync for Blackberry Public Beta

Advertisement

Mark/Space has made the beta for Missing Sync public. For more info go here:

http://forums.markspace.com/viewforum.php?f=16

In my opinion they've got a huge foot up on PocketMac so far it works more quickly and smoothly than PocketMac does. If they want people to actually pay for this app Mark/Space needs to integrate support for a few applications and/or make it sync via bluetooth. Since it's plugin based I think they'll end up adding more features later.

On a side note since I was in the private beta I thought I would give you all a couple tips.

A. BACK UP your ical and address book (this can be done from file >> backup to database in both apps)

B. The program does not play nicely with PocketMac so it will force you to uninstall it. If you're not committed to uninstalling PocketMac and want to keep using it, just create another user in osx and install the Missing Sync there.

---- Edit

Here is a rundown of the features of Missing Sync:

Open the sync program when you connect your blackberry via usb (optional)
    Sync automatically when you connect your blackberry via usb (optional)
    Menu bar icon with options to open programs you sync to, as well as open Missing Sync (optional)
    Sync with multiple computers
    Sync Reminders (optional, can set between 1 day and every other week, a window in OSX will pop up reminding you to sync your phone).
    View Sync history & error log (im not sure if this is only going to be in beta, but its handy)
    An extra option for sync'ing calendars that allows you to sync from X date to X date in the future, For example, I can choose to sync items from 1 month ago to 6 months in the future, freeing up memory on the device Pocketmac has a similar option, but will only remove things in the past.
    Ability to eject/unmount the device from the sync manager.

Tasks can be sync'd the same way as ical with the date range, you can also sync only uncompleted tasks and/or tasks with a duedate.

MissingSync comes with Mark/Space notebook which is a very VERY handy application. You can find out more info about it on their website. It also syncs these notes to your phone.

*** You can also sync notes with Entourage or Yojimbo.

For 8100 Users:
    Sync Itunes playlists, will only sync mp3 files, but is very handy. It downloads music to your device from an itunes playlist. Any time you add a file to the playlist it syncs it to your phone. iTunes sync options: The ability to maintain at least ____ MB free on your card, no matter what, (user defined); Organize on device by Playlist/Artist or Album. I've found by Playlist works the best for me since you can only play from 1 directory on the device at a time. If you're syncing a smart playlist it will refresh it every time you sync (optional). You can choose to only sync iTunes every X hours, so if you sync a few times while you're organizing your week, it will only sync itunes once (speeds up syncing).

Import/Export from/to iPhoto. Chose which iphoto albums to export to device on sync, and has the option to delete the photos from your device after you import them into iphoto, good for keeping room freed up on your card. Options: Same Keep X amount of space free option like the itunes sync has. Choose between exporting full sized images or scaled images (scaled radio can be defined by user so the resolution suits your phone). Can be put onto device organized by Album name or Title.
    Last edited by kpishdadi; 02-27-2007 at 09:13 PM.

joshuaesc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32B97E47

Re: Mac Users!!! Missing Sync for Blackberry Public Beta

Very Nice. Having been a PocketMac'r since BB'ng, what advantages will we see using Missing Sync and any disadvantages. How does it compare to PocketMac?
    “If you have raced with men on foot, and they have wearied you, how will you compete with horses?" (Jeremiah 12:5).

Joshua

diesel1218 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32CAA233

wow this works great i did notice that when sync contacts if in my address book a number is xxx-xxx-xxxx it sync xxxxxxxxxx on the device which is weird.
    Blackberry 8830 WORLD EDITION

Blackberry PIN - 32CAA233

MySpace http://www.myspace.com/andrews9

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: Mac Users!!! Missing Sync for Blackberry Public Beta

kpishdadi,
    Based on what I'm reading from you, and on the forum, it seems a little early to really jump into Missing Sync. I'm using PM4, and I was a beta tester on that, and while it has its problems, I get a consistent sync between my iCal Calendar and Address Book. What I do NOT get is the correct sync between Tasks in iCal, as it strips the due date away. I also do get a consistent sync on Notes from Entourage. I've learned to live with its limitations. I would welcome jumping ship as I've been waiting for this new software, but I need to know the effort is worth it. As you can guess, I'm afraid to upset what is finally working and it sounds like it might be a little early!

diesel1218 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32CAA233

no PM4 sucks big time nothing but problem with the connection. Missing Sync was effortless in connecting to my BB and the sync process was quick and easy and better yet error free.
    Blackberry 8830 WORLD EDITION

Blackberry PIN - 32CAA233

MySpace http://www.myspace.com/andrews9

Felixtc no está en línea Stack level 3

Kpishdadi - I was wondering if Missing Sync has support for groups under addressbook? It makes it a lot easier to keep track of contacts you want to sync and those contacts that are just ichat and Email buddies.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Quote Originally Posted by diesel1218
    no PM4 sucks big time nothing but problem with the connection. Missing Sync was effortless in connecting to my BB and the sync process was quick and easy and better yet error free.
    Yeah, I've heard that is true with the Pearl, but I've not had that particular problem with my 8700g. Other issues, but not that one!

joshuaesc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32B97E47

Has anyone tried this with Entourage? I have and having difficulty.
    “If you have raced with men on foot, and they have wearied you, how will you compete with horses?" (Jeremiah 12:5).

Joshua

manapuaman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f011d6

Not perfect but better than pocketmac. But for some reason it sets the time one hour ahead even if we don't observe daylight savings in Hawaii and my BB is set to network time.

BRockNYLA no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240485e9

Has anyone figured out how to get it to work with Entourage? I can't even find the option.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

I'd like to hear more comparisons from people that have used both programs. I'm still using PM4, hesitant to switch
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

DougBlossom no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    217D0C5E

I've hated PocketMac! It would often take me several tries to get my Pearl to sync. Missing sync did it the first time. I love that there's now an easy way to sync with iphoto and itunes!! Very happy here, I will glady purchase Missing Sync when it is available.

jujubee no está en línea Stack level 1

Is this just a 36 day trial period? I thought it was a free beta? Also, I tried buying a license but it's not even listed in the list of products? What registration code do I need?

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39
    I'd like to hear more comparisons from people that have used both programs. I'm still using PM4, hesitant to switch

Same here, but optimistic!

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

ok I tried the Missing Sync. I didn't like it. It did not sync the PIN's for the Contacts/Address Book. IMO that and calendar syncing are the only things important about the program. Since it only does one of the two important features, I can't see paying for it. I also did not like that it synced the time on my BB to the computer... I want the BB to stay with Cingular's time so I know when THEY think day/night/weekend minutes are lol. I don't care for the other "extras" like music/picture syncing. I removed it and went back to the PocketMac Sync
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast