529 96.36%
  • (Blank)

20 3.64%
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

I love my G5! I will never go back to Microsoft!... Macs & MacBooks forum

Mannyrios no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Mac Users?!

Advertisement

I love my G5! I will never go back to Microsoft!

Loki_eternal no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Post Re: Mac Users?!

Hello mac users,

I have a customer that is purchasing a CDMA Blackberry 8703 and they want to be able to use it as a modem for their mac. Does anyone know where to gain thsi information, I would greatly appreciate it. If you can just send me a pin with the URL.

BTW for the haters, I use both mac and Ibm.

Thanx

LoKi

iMacj no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3070F784

Yes! Absolute Mac user.

manapuaman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f011d6

I am loving my custom 24" iMac! Only one week old and I use it as my room DVD player and TV. $2500 Tivo system! LOL

ThatGuy no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    243F1213

Mac user here, too (thought they force me to use a PC at my day job). I have a 13" Macbook as my main personal computer and an old (but very stable) G3 as a backup.
    http://ma.ttada.ms
    PIN: 243F1213

loctrinh01 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hello there, I'm new to pinstack, one reason I found this great forum was by searching for mac user and blackberry device. So here I am with my 7130c and iBook g4.

gpmanj13 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: Mac Users?! help!!

agreed- this site looks great so far. I am a mac user but work is all pc. I have recently purchased the 8703 and can't seem to get the berry to work with my mac. The verizon customer rep said you can't use the berry with a mac. obvioulsy she is wrong. do I need torequest specific software from verizon? Please help!!!

hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

It depends what you wanna do. if its just Syncing - give this a try:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22

gpmanj13 no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks I will give it a try when I get home. but in general, if I simply want my berry to work for email and sync with my home office email account and calander/contacts (which is powered by a provider) and they support berrys then it should work with my mac, right?

hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

I think I have a similiar set-up - what I did was set up my email through BIS (its also an ISP Provider account)... Calendar/Contacts isn't able to sync wirelessly unless you're on a BES (for Mac or Windows), so I just have the above software set-up and sync periodically via a cable.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Macbook with Parallels running XP. The best of it all. The power of a Mac with the ease of mind that Windows won't corrupt my entire computer in those rare times I need it (BB Desktop manager - to do full backups)
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

Cpluse no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D40CB0

Im a new mac user 2 year running and a BB user 1 day running.

jhowton no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F28AFE

The first Apple I used was my Dad's Apple ][e in 1979. He was really offended when the Mac came out because of the GUI so we never owned another one. In the interim I have administrated Novell and Windows networks and built and used almost every sort of Windows and Linux box you can think of (I even flirted with Be OS and OS/2 off and on).

About two months ago I bought a 15" MacBook Pro. I am using it as a travel computer, I fly a lot and bought it to replace a Sony Vaio. So far I am pretty happy, it's easy enough to use and has been pretty stable.

I have had my BB 8800 for two weeks, prior to that I was using a Cingular 8125 and a Rzr V3. I still have the Rzr that works well as a Bluetooth modem for the MacBook.

iMacj no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3070F784

jhowton:

Since you are a Network Admin / guru maybe you can offer some technical advice.

As a extreme traveler myself, can you tell me how well you are doing using the tethered modem? When I use my PEARL over BT it seems unreliable. Last week it worked like a champ, other times 2 minutes and it disconnects on it's own.

I wonder if it is the modem script, the Pearl, or te cell provider I happen to cennect up with in each specific location.
    Thanks in advance.

iBookG4 OS X 10.4.8
    Pearl 8100

jhowton no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F28AFE

iMacJ,

I have not actually tried to use my 8800 as a modem yet, but the Rzr works very well over bluetooth using Cingular GPRS. Most of the time when travelling I have access to WiFi (Red Carpet Club, Hotels, etc.) so my need for a modem is not that frequent. I will eventually get around to playing with the 8800 as a modem over BT, just haven't done it yet.

The key to a stable connection seems to be related to the modem script and the cellular signal strength. Having a good script makes all the difference really.

I am not sure that his was much help, and as far as me being a "Guru", not really I've just been playing with this stuff for a long time.

Regards

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast