View Poll Results: Are you a Mac User?

Voters
549. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Are you a Mac User?

529 96.36%
  • (Blank)

20 3.64%
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

I hava a MacBook Pro and a G4 Mini. I am searching for any cell ... Macs & MacBooks forum

macusr2 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Mac Users?!

Advertisement

I hava a MacBook Pro and a G4 Mini. I am searching for any cell that will be a modem for my Mac.to get on the net. I perfer EvDo (Verizon) but I haven' been successful yet. Anyone here with a success story and how to?

Ruminator no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d2215a

Smile Re: Mac Users?!

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    A 12 inch iBook PowerPC G4 for $949 or a 14 inch iBook PowerPC G4 for $1199 (I have always wanted the iBook).

MacBooks range from $1,049 to $1,399 (all 13 in) and the MacBook Pros range from $1,799 (15.4 in) to $2,599 (17 in).
    I dropped the ball, sorry!

Things have changed a bit from the time you posted. I just quoted a MacBook for Wife. I chose the upper-end MacBook for her. The 13-inch display is OK and you can can always go external if you want something larger for the desktop. Choose the Superdrive model so you can write DVD's. You can add memory after you get the computer so there's no reason to use Apple's expensive memory upgrade. Buy as much hard drive as you think you need, but remember that external Firewire drives are relatively inexpensive and work quite well. I have a lot of external drives.

I would definitely spring for the extra bucks and buy an Intel-based notebook. It opens options that aren't available for the PPC-based computers.

If you can afford the difference in price and performance is important to you, the Pro-model offers independent video RAM. The MacBook shares video and normal memory.

Does your school offer a site-license for MS software? If so, you may have cheap access to Office for the Mac. That's what I've done.

Anything else?

PIN/ID
    23d2215a

Quote Originally Posted by rokr
    well 1st macs work with a 2 button mouse...
    I'm actually using a plain-old Logitech three-button mouse with scrollwheel right now. It's a standard model and works just as well with my Mac as it did with my PC. Right-clicking works as expected. In fact, when I made the transition from PC to Mac, I really change my working habits much. But then, I also used linux alot as well as the PC's...

rokr no está en línea Stack level 3

Macs are awsome and stand up to the test of time way better than pc do .. the common misconception people have are ridiculous.." o well i want a 2 button mouse" so get one they work on a mac.. "o well macs are only good for audio and video stuff".. enuff already thats so 1990's .. i just took my friends ibookG3 500mhz wit 256mb and upgraded it to tiger for her and it works great.. then i went home and tried to upgrade a 2 year old pc i had to give away and i get the infamous BLUE SCREEN.. wtf is that.. i stand by my macs 100%
    Hello im a Mac...

PIN/ID
    23d2215a

I had a similar experience with a Compaq Presario system I bought nearly ten years ago. When it came time to upgrade to Win2K, I could get the system to install, but the computer was so unstable as to be unusable. So, I ditched it and built one so I could get a project done.

There are good things to be said for an open hardware architecture. But, when the company that makes the OS has control over the hardware too, then stability is going to be much better. I'm amazed at the stability of my linux boxen running on beige boxes. They run for months at a time without rebooting.

My dual-G5 at the office is sitting there for me to run VNC on it anytime I need the horsepower. If I have a 'net connection, I can login to it.

I'm a real unix geek...

brghtbear no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    241495F9

I am a switcher since March of 2005. I love it! I even went to MACLive in NYC in 2006. I am a creative professional and while I was in school I quickly got the idea that I needed Mac. I love it! As furtune would have it, I started a new job a a graphic designer for a non-profit orgainization and it is totally Mac based. Did I say I love it?

AL

mmazz33 no está en línea Stack level 1

Swithched January '05 and never looked back....best move I made

postalrecon no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3014B2CA

Always used macs.

Current Setup
    iMac G5 w/o the camera
    2 GB of memory(aftermarket)
    500GB Hard Drive

no mods, who really needs anything else, it works

hexcr03 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24238CA7

IM A MAC ADDICT!

tmag2005 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    250d3c8f

I have a Macbook and its awesome...

Going to get an 8700 and see if i cant get it connected....

ivanhoe64 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    22064B4B

HI. I just bought my FIRST Mac and also got a MACBOOK... Im still trying to get POCKETMAC to work with my Pearl. Any suggestions.... Thanks. Mark

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: Mac Users?!

Quote Originally Posted by msbrenda64
    Thanks a lot this information is very help I noticed Macs are more expensive that Windows based laptops. These laptops compare to my own as far as specs go and I only paid $800 for mine brand new. Will the software be more expensive as well?

It's actually not more expensive though it may seem so at first glance. With respect to some of the specs you may be right, but when you actually handle a Macbook or Macbook Pro you can tell the difference right away. It's like comparing a Sony Vaio high end computer with a low end model of some other brand that has similar specs. The difference in their respective price has to do with the overall build of the computer from speed to screen resolution, etc. They may share some aspects, but they are NOT the same computer. I was a Windows user for many years and now that I have switched, I would NEVER go back.

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: Mac Users?!

I'm here...2 macs!!

ladyhollman no está en línea Stack level 2

Three Macs on this end.

ibrg no está en línea Stack level 2

I assume most, if not all, who take this poll will be Mac users since the poll is located in all-mac-things-and-such, but hey: Bill Gates is a Mac user!
    Currently using MacBook 13" and loving it!

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast