View Poll Results: Are you a Mac User?

Voters
549. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Are you a Mac User?

529 96.36%
  • (Blank)

20 3.64%
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 1K and up???? OUCH I was hoping that there'd be something ... Macs & MacBooks forum

Wombat no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2104929D

Re: Mac Users?!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    1K and up???? OUCH I was hoping that there'd be something cheaper when I finish paying off this PC which has problems with crashing and rebooting (not all the time) plus I'm just curious about the Mac OS LOL
    The Macbook "consumer" laptop starts at $1099. If you don't need a laptop then look at the Mini. A single core Intel is $599(dual core $799, +larger HD and DVDburner), you supply USB keyboard and mouse, and monitor. The Mini's top out around $1K, that's if you add extra memory, BT Kb and mouse, applecare, etc. The plus for a mini is it's size (6.5"x6.5"x2"). All apples include WiFi .g and Bluetooth.

Wombat no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2104929D

My first employer only used Mac's and SGI's. I have a 12" iBook G4 1.33. It's a handy little thing. My gaming rig is a PC, but I use my 'book for almost everything else.
    I'm thinking of getting a Macbook close to Xmas and handing down the 'book to my wife.

Ruminator no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d2215a

My 1.25GHz PB was bought with research dollars so it belongs to the university. So, I'm thinking of buying two, a MacBook for Wife and a MBP for me. My gaming rig is also Winders, but I'm about to quit gaming and won't need it if Parallel works with my models. I really want only one computer any more.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by Wombat
    The Macbook "consumer" laptop starts at $1099. If you don't need a laptop then look at the Mini. A single core Intel is $599(dual core $799, +larger HD and DVDburner), you supply USB keyboard and mouse, and monitor. The Mini's top out around $1K, that's if you add extra memory, BT Kb and mouse, applecare, etc. The plus for a mini is it's size (6.5"x6.5"x2"). All apples include WiFi .g and Bluetooth.
    I don't have any of that as I gave away everything that came with the 2 desktops that I gave to my brother and sister in law a few years ago but I did find a couple offers on iBooks. This one is on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1 from another user who is selling it (fully loaded) for a little over $1100 USD.

Then I saw this one at MacMall.com for about $200 less http://www.macmall.com/macmall/families/ibook/ It's the 12 inch notebook on the left side for under $950 USD.

Rasputin no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: Mac Users?!

Long time Mac user...just got a new Intel iMac (and a new BB...8700).

Life is good!

rush88 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30156d2b

lol macbook pro user here...sadly i can't use my BB as a modem for it :cry:

Yes you can http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ead.php?t=2467

Here's another thread....may be the same as above...didn't look to see LOL http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ead.php?t=2465

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

[QUOTE=EricaJ1073].....

I'm part of an organization that provides recreational activities for people with disabilities and I get emails and pictures from others who use Macs. I have to call them on the phone or email them back after getting the email or cd and complain about not being able to open them because they originated from a Mac. Or I have to search around for someone else who has the exact same stuff I need but from a Windows-based PC and send it to me that way.

EricaJ....I am a longtime Mac user, and formerly a Windows user) and this is more about how the CD was produced and Windows lack of desire to support the necessary underlying elements to read the disc, etc. I went through much of the same for years until I found out it mostly happens in one direction. I have 2 macs (a Powerbook and a Desktop unit) and I rarely ever have this problem now. Hopefully, with the new software interfaces (bootcamp, etc) it will all but disappear.

And while I'm here: "COME ON YOU MAC USERS....SIGN IN HERE!!!!"

That's why I'm going to be getting a Mac soon. I am tired of having to go thru what I described.

BRockNYLA no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240485e9

Question Re: Mac Users?!

I'm on a PowerBook G4. I get my first BB (8700g w/T-Mobile) on Monday. I'm beyond excited, but a little worried about all the problems I've read about PocketMac Blackberry. So, any tips for a pre-newbie? Anything I should do to prepare? Any "must have" programs I should download straight away when she arrives?

Re: PocketMac BB. Does it require me to use Entourage or does it also work with Apple's Mail app?

Many thanks.

BRock

drjman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204C49B7

PocketMac for BB works well. I didn't use it for syncing mail--i get that pushed to the BB. But iCal and address book worked well for me.

I use(d) PocketMac for the iPaq--and it worked ok too, but not as quickly or seamlessly as the BB version. Plus the BB version is free.

For those looking at buying their first macs--there are usually some good deals (on iPods too) if you go to the apple store
    (www.apple.com) and at the bottom of the page there is usually a red tage marked "sale"--these are "outdated" models (laptops and desktops) as well as some refurbs, but they all have warrantees available (Which I strongly recommend). I've rarely had to send one back, but when I did, they shipped me a box next day--and I had the computer back within 3 days after that.

I've been a mac user since 1987; I also use windoze now when I have to. You will not find a more pleasurable experience in computing than mac! (except mac + BB). It is well worth the money. When I have to use my wintel box now, I always notice how clunky and unintuitive it is to get through anything but the basics.

You simply will not believe how quickly you are able to get the hang of the mac functions and you will have it out of the box and operating perfectly in a matter of minutes.

Ok so not as many games. but there are mac versions of most of the best programs out there and they are better than xp versions (photoshop/CS2; file maker, office for mac--yes, the mac version is better). Other than the majors, I don't find mac software to be more expensive. I don't, however, like having to buy everything online. There are not really any bricks and mortar software outlets for those of outside major cities (Charleston, SC while famous and popular, is not the benficiary of an Apple store at this time!).

rokr no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs up Re: Mac Users?!

mac user for as long as i can remember...iMac strawberry, iBook 800, iBook G4, G4 mirrored doors tower dual 1.25 GHZ. i absolutely love my macs.. everytime i have to use a pc i cant help but cringe.. im really upset that we dont have a java loader for macs.. which makes me have to use my wife dell to backup and add non OTA apps to my BB.. i cant beleive its been so long and no one has come up with it... not even the pocketmac guys.. i mean is it really that hard to do .. or are there some restrictions.. ?
    The BlackBerry is one of the best handhelds and Mac is the best computing platform. so whats the hold up ?
    Hello im a Mac...

elysenator no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    22C68F3F

i do not typically use macs, but my PC is incredibly old (the new one is on the way. thank god!) so i have to use the mac for now...i can't just NOT go on the computer. blasphemy! my boyfriend is an audio nerd, and will only use macs. i definitely prefer windows. i need to be able to right click! to me, it's just what i'm used to, and it's what comes easy to me...but i see the benefits of using a mac. no doubt. i personally think it's a good idea to be well versed in both. on the downside though, this mac doesn't seem to work too well with my BB.
    "I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs

rokr no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by elysenator
    i do not typically use macs, but my PC is incredibly old (the new one is on the way. thank god!) so i have to use the mac for now...i can't just NOT go on the computer. blasphemy! my boyfriend is an audio nerd, and will only use macs. i definitely prefer windows. i need to be able to right click! to me, it's just what i'm used to, and it's what comes easy to me...but i see the benefits of using a mac. no doubt. i personally think it's a good idea to be well versed in both. on the downside though, this mac doesn't seem to work too well with my BB.
    well 1st macs work with a 2 button mouse.. Apple even came out with mighty mouse which is a 2 button mouse even tho u cant tell.. but to right click with the stock one button apple mouse all u have to do is hold down the ctrl key and click.. and 2nd yes BB's and Mac arent totally compatible i hate to say it.. pocketMac has a software that they claim syncs ur BB and Mac BUT thats only for calendar and contacts no app loader which sucks.. i honestly dont kno why RIM hasnt put out a mac version of the software..
    Last edited by rokr; 07-20-2006 at 04:18 AM.
    Hello im a Mac...

arul no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203BDFB0

15 month MAC user - using a PB 12". Works almost flawlessly with my 7100. Waiting to get my 8700 which is coming this weekend. Looking forward to BT sync now.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast