View Poll Results: Are you a Mac User?

Voters
549. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Are you a Mac User?

529 96.36%
  • (Blank)

20 3.64%
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 91011121314

I've got a quadcore Mac Pro desktop and a Penryn MacBook Pro laptop for the ... Macs & MacBooks forum

Sonicjay no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

I've got a quadcore Mac Pro desktop and a Penryn MacBook Pro laptop for the road.

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    powermac g4 mdd. os x tiger server. Runs like a champ..

catwoman66 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I love macs, I have an imac, MBA, and there is also another macbook and older imac used by other family members too, not forgetting the 3G iPhone too ;-) I was also very fond of my BlackBerry pearl, but it is resting for the moment, as it did not like my macs very much and the iphone just syncs so quickly and easily. I hope the forseen news of RIM updating tools for macs does really happen, I will then return

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Macbook 1.83ghz, 2gb ram, 60gig hdd. Best computer I ever bought.
    Soon ill but a Macbook Pro. Still saving for it...

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    JUST GOT THE NEW ALUMINUM MACBOOK YOUHOU!!!
    So now i have an Aluminum iMac and an Aluminum Macbook (can you tell i like the metallic look lol) and an Acer One 9" running MacOSX.

tpwtom no está en línea Stack level 1
    Yes, since the 2E believe it or not, had the original Mac, still have The CUBE, Newton, MacBookPro's, and IBooks.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    JUST GOT THE NEW ALUMINUM MACBOOK YOUHOU!!!
    So now i have an Aluminum iMac and an Aluminum Macbook (can you tell i like the metallic look lol) and an Acer One 9" running MacOSX.
    I just came across this entry, how do you like the new MacBook?

Was going to buy one, but read about the track pad issue. Then saw the news today that they have issued a fix. Is now a good time for me to buy one?

galavanter no está en línea Stack level 3
    Another lifetime Mac user here. My first computer was a Mac SE that I paid $900.00 for in 1990. The seller had paid $3000.00. I questioned him about the funny sound it made, not knowing anything about hard drives accessing info. Sold it around 1995 for $150.00, including carrying case.

I'm typing this on a 2 GHz Blackbook I bought off Craigslist. I made sure it had Applecare and almost a year after I bought it Apple replaced the top case and lcd bezel for free, and threw in a new battery to boot.

Just ordered Sennheiser RS120s from Amazon to watch movies on my BTO 24" iMac, the last white one with the matte screen. I'm into photography. It's also my media center. I have a Cambridge Soundworks Model Twelve stereo system hooked up to it (no need to ever upgrade that), and an Elgato Hybrid TV tuner. I've been ripping movies like mad, and want to get a Drobo to hold them all.

I've owned one Toshiba laptop for 6 months, which I bought for $500.00 while on the road in Denver, after I spilled a coffee on a Macbook Pro. I didn't have the money to repair or replace it immediately so I bought a cheap PC to get by. Sold it as soon as I could.

I bought the original iPhone a week after release, but returned it and bought my first BB, a Curve. Now happily using the macho Flip.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    I just came across this entry, how do you like the new MacBook?

Was going to buy one, but read about the track pad issue. Then saw the news today that they have issued a fix. Is now a good time for me to buy one?
    Sorry i never realized you had asked me this question, they did indeed fix the issue not that i ever felt like it was that annoying. I never really felt like there was an issue for that matter but after the fix it does click better.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    My question is for any of you that have the newest Aluminum & Glass MacBook, or MacBook Pro. I'm ready to buy with just one big concern. How do you like the new display _ my worry is how it is so shiny & reflects light. During day to day use, how bad is the glare?
    Thanks
    Sent via BlackBerry

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    It doesnt affect me whatsoever as i enjoy glossy displays. Your best bet is to wait until somebody that is used to matte displays answers this question.
    I really like glossy ones all of my computers have one, iMac, MBP and even the mini Acer One

hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    My question is for any of you that have the newest Aluminum & Glass MacBook, or MacBook Pro. I'm ready to buy with just one big concern. How do you like the new display _ my worry is how it is so shiny & reflects light. During day to day use, how bad is the glare?
    Thanks
    Sent via BlackBerry

Its really one of those things you've gotta see and decide for yourself to see. If you check out the forums on Mac-oriented sites you'll find people who hated glossy and now like it, and those who hated glossy and now hate it more.

Personally, Its not something I'd want (I have a Matte 15" and would get a 17" if i had to replace it now, just because I want Matte). the biggest thing to me with new design is the fingerprints on the black bezel, its a magnet for them, especially since your fingers are going to touch the inside of the lid every time you open it.

if you have access to an Apple store, you should go check one out. The lights in there are reflective, so you'll see how it can get and if its something you can ignore or live with.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."

iceaxe no está en línea Stack level 1
    my 1st mac is powerbook G4
    now using 2.2 mbp

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    word!! *BUMP*

Im still on a Macbook1,1 1.83ghz, 2gb ram and upgraded 320gb hdd. and an iPhone 3G.

Cant complain about either, except for crappy OS4.0 on the iPhone. Great device otherwise.
    i3-2100, 8GB, 90GB Vertex3, 1.5TB HDD, HD6850OC, 23"ACER LED Monitor (Gaming Rig)
    1.83ghz Macbook 1,1 (School work, Websurfer)
    4GB Mini, 2GB Nano, 30GB Video, 8GB iPhone 3GS, iPad1
    BB Bold 9900

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 91011121314