View Poll Results: Are you a Mac User?

Voters
549. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Are you a Mac User?

529 96.36%
  • (Blank)

20 3.64%
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

I have had several laptops and desktops, but I just sold my G3 iBook to ... Macs & MacBooks forum

piggles no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Mac Users?!

Advertisement

I have had several laptops and desktops, but I just sold my G3 iBook to my boss and found a G4 12 inch powerbook which I maxed out on RAM. Love the size, wish they still made it, so easy to pop in an oversized purse, briefcase or Crumpler backpack with my digital SLR and run with. I just made the plunge and have a new intel mini coming... will sell off my old one once I am convinced that intel wasn't a bad idea

While I love the looks of the MBA, have no interest in getting one... push come to shove, would rather get a 17 inch MPB

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

I agree with not having an acute interest in the MBA! The sheer fact that it doesn't have a built in optical drive...and the battery is sealed in...not good! Don't get me wrong, she looks great, but its top lacking for the price!

I was just reading today that the sales are less than expected due to the lack of the built in drive...

I'll stick with my iMac and my Mac Book!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

piggles no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask

I have to admit that I would love to have the maxed out 24 inch iMac because of my work in Photoshop and Aperture, but space is a premium in my place and, being in Florida, it pays to consider mobility even with the last two storm seasons being unusually quiet. I would rather grab a mini and it's external and stuff it in a backpack with the laptop and the digital and throw the dogs and parrot in their rides and stuff them in the van and not find myself looking at my 24 inch iMac and going "Oh, damn..." I have a 19 inch monitor so I'm close. Someday I will get one.
    Last edited by piggles; 02-18-2008 at 12:23 AM.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by piggles View Post
    While I love the looks of the MBA, have no interest in getting one... push come to shove, would rather get a 17 inch MPB
    ------
    I feel the exact same way. The MBA is outstanding looking, & I don't mind the lack of an optical drive. It's the battery issue that is the deal breaker for me. Why Apple is so stubborn & continues their stance on built in batteries is just plain arrogant. I have owned many PowerBooks over the years, love the MB & MBP in 17", but Apple is pushing me further away with the disgusting hype spewed by Mr. Jobs.

Why add to the coffers of such a self absorbed greedy company?

MSfromtheOC no está en línea Stack level 1
    After 25 years suffering under DOS and Windows I made the switch in October. Like you, I wanted to dip my toes in before I completed converted over. I purchased a 12" iBook G3 for about $400. Two weeks ago, i went out a purchased a new white MacBook.

I'll probably buy an older (G4 or G5) PowerMac as a file server in a couple of months. All my Windows PCs are now gone.

Have fun with a real OS.

MacHomeschooler no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Mac Users

Just thought I'd add my 2 cents. I'm a graphic designer who used pcs for 15 years before I tried a Mac. Switched in 2004. Not going back. I use a dual 2.5 G5 and Macbook Pro at work and we bought a Macbook for home. Still running Tiger. VERY FEW crashes and lock-ups. My PC would need a reboot at least daily. The Macs have an almost flawless integration with our PC network and I could go on but... RIM isn't particularly Mac friendly.

dhyde79 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319FB186
    my 0.02Ľ on the MBA: unless the intel hardware brought a change to this around, macs can't be booted to USB connected drives (I've verified this multiple times, it works booting to firewire drives, whether external optical drives or external HD's) USB won't mount without drivers, and when the internal HD is unrecognizable, those drivers can't initialize. I'm not sending my $1700 laptop to a service center for a week to get charged for them to open the case, remove the drive, and reinstall the OS and dump my data, when I could spend the same money, get a decent MBP and repair the OS fubar myself.

if this has changed on the intel hardware, that's great to know....and I'm happy......if not....it's a great reason NOT to buy an MBA

chestnutmare no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hello,

I just found you. I have 2 G3 laptops, a G5 Desk top and a Macbook pro which I really enjoy. I loved the G3 laptops so much but since I do graphic design, speed was an issue which the Macbook Pro solves. Anyways, I am looking into getting a Blackberry. I haven't used a pda before and thought a basic cell was all I needed. My old Samsung continually drops calls and reception is poor at best so I am looking to upgrade and the BB 8820 looks good to me. I do not need a cell phone camera since I have a decent digital for my photography work. The pros in the 8820 seem to be right for me.

I was glad to see that OS X works with BBs. How do you find the compatibility?

faceof1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    power mac G4 gigabit ethernet dual 450 896 Ram still need to upgrade the usb ports to 2.0 but other wise it running Leopard 10.5.1 great

monilovesedmond no está en línea Stack level 3
    Late on this but I'm a Mac user at work. PC at home.

takadante no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24B2C963
    Just got a macbook running 10.5.2! Just realized that i can use my blackberry for bluetooth tethering and im so happy!

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G
    Bluetooth tethering is great! And it's simple to set up too!

sugarspicebaby1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    BB Pearl
    Mac Book 13" Black
    College Student working FT
    wish we could get apps to work with everything - install themes, apps, sync, etc. Just because we choose to use Mac should not hold us back in using BB!

cabinets no está en línea Stack level 3
    I had to use wife's pc to download 4.5.037. Other than that, I use my MacBook for everyhting else. MissinSync works well.

zoompv no está en línea Stack level 1
    still have my trusted G4 bought in 2001 never been affected with virus , although its slower compared in todays standard macs with duals it still keeps on chugging

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast