View Poll Results: Are you a Mac User?

Voters
549. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Are you a Mac User?

529 96.36%
  • (Blank)

20 3.64%
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

13" Black MacBook - love it! syncin' up w/ Pocket Mac - anything that we ... Macs & MacBooks forum

sugarspicebaby1 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Mac Users?!

Advertisement

13" Black MacBook - love it! syncin' up w/ Pocket Mac - anything that we can do to get more info for all of us who are savvy enough to have both our Mac and a BB is GREAT!

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

As a long time Mac Laptop user I have come across a problem that is very odd. This is with my 6 month old MacBook Pro, perhaps someone out there can offer a solution.

The problem is somewhat complex so I will make a list:

1) The computer runs very quietly.
    2) The keyboard operates perfectly.
    3) The display is very clear, has a nice bright backlight & the color saturation is beautiful.
    4) Battery life is the best of any mac laptop (of the 10 pror) that I've had.
    5) OS X 10.4.10 was easily upgraded to Leopard.
    6) The overll speed & performance is excellent.

So, now what do I do? ....

via BB 8310
    (wap.pinstack.com)~

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    As a long time Mac Laptop user I have come across a problem that is very odd. This is with my 6 month old MacBook Pro, perhaps someone out there can offer a solution.

3) The display is very clear, has a nice bright backlight & the color saturation is beautiful.

via BB 8310
    (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Jesus christ man, i have been suffering from the same problems, i wonder how i can make it as good as vista and all the low end PC hardware

Murfunit no está en línea Stack level 2

Archer: I'm on the same page as you. I've been twitching over that Pre-Order button for 10 days now... I even went so far as to call Apple (I get a discount for my other half's NY City employee status) and only the fact that my tax refund was still 2 days away stopped me from saying Yes.

I'd use it as my communications machine: email, Ventrillo, IMs as well as a media hub (Apple TV and Slingbox FTW). I've since given my husband the Mini and connected my MBP to the Cinema display. So there's an empty space to my right where a lapyop belongs. I think the Air would fit there beautifully.
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

Murfunit no está en línea Stack level 2

Dayum... Ive had the same problems. And I've heard a lot of Apple users report the same issues.

I'd say get a MacBook Air, but I don't see where it would solve any of the problems. In fact I can see where it would only create more.

Maybe you need to step backwards and try Vista on an AMD platform?

via BB 8310
    (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

Yes isn't that ideal, and to think like you mentioned, I could be enjoying the festivities one experiences running Vista & AMD (oh how thrilling) a combination sure to present me with so many problems, I would not run out of troubleshooting issues for a long time. That would insure the keyboard, touch pad, battery etc would last forever as they would rarely be used ...

~via BB 8310(wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    232D8D38

hah so true, but i would have to disagree, amd are quite well done, the architecture and the way the computer uses the chip is sliglty different, amd actually always run unlike intel, that causes 15 or so minute decrease on the batterys life span, but having that disadvantage amd are actually much faster to start from sleep mode and such as the chip although seem to stop, still running. I personally enjoy that feature and if amd were nearly as powerful as intel i would defenetly go for AMD.

chico66 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2055C970

yes,mac user.had my macbook for a year now.served me well.

PIN/ID
    232D8D38

I am craving for new mac book, although i got a new one a month ago or so, but i am craving for a mac book pro, 17 inch pro is ultimate machine, too big to lug around, but if just drive from place to place and use in office / lounging, it is the best possible notebook available

jniowa no está en línea Stack level 2
    Dedicated Mac user here. I have a MacBook and I would love to upgrade to the Air. My new 8130 came with PocketMac and its been a huge help.

pdclarke no está en línea Stack level 2

I recently upgraded from an iBook G4 to a MacBook and I'm lovin' it. I slammed more memory into it and it's cruisin' along at 4 GB of RAM .

Quote Originally Posted by GeneKam View Post
    i am craving for a mac book pro, 17 inch pro is ultimate machine, too big to lug around,
    I think it's all relative. The 17" MBP only weight 6.8lbs. That's just 1.4lbs heavier than a 15" MBP. As far as foot print on the desk, it's just 2" wider. That's it!

There are a lot of other brands of 15.4" widescreen notebooks out there that are heavier than the 17" MBP. I would have no problem carrying the 17, absolutely no problem. Granted there are times when one does not need the full width of the 17, however for those times you do, it's really brilliant and provides quite an experience.

Vstarkwell no está en línea Stack level 1

New to PinStack, just found this thread. I have 3 Mac's currently, 2 MacBook's, a G3 iBook, iPod Classic, iPod old school white click wheel, Airtunes, and Missing Sync

Quote Originally Posted by Vstarkwell View Post
    New to PinStack, just found this thread. I have 3 Mac's currently, 2 MacBook's, a G3 iBook, iPod Classic, iPod old school white click wheel, Airtunes, and Missing Sync
    Greetings and Welcome to Pinstack!

Your going to enjoy it here. Nice collection!

Cheers

Vstarkwell no está en línea Stack level 1

Greetings and Welcome to Pinstack!

Your going to enjoy it here. Nice collection!

Cheers
    Arch,

Thanks, loving my 1st BB and the support community for BB reminds me a lot of the Apple support community. Lot's of patient, knowledgeable folks willing to help. I've learned a ton about my Apple products utilizing the forums and I get the feeling I'll learn a ton here.

Virgil