View Poll Results: Are you a Mac User?

Voters
549. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Are you a Mac User?

529 96.36%
  • (Blank)

20 3.64%
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

i ow 2 new macs an iMac and Macbook and love them both to death.... Macs & MacBooks forum

kutrack1 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Mac Users?!

Advertisement

i ow 2 new macs an iMac and Macbook and love them both to death.

aateba no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: Mac Users?!

I am became a Mac switcher 3 months ago. I am just sorry I did not make the switch sooner.

13" Macbook 2.16GHz

smabs no está en línea Stack level 1

Yes am a Mac user.

Still running on iMac G5 but still great! :-)

phatkat no está en línea Stack level 1

PowerPC G4. Made the switch a year ago. Can do 99% of the things I could do with Windoze... no issues... at least before some of the OS security updates.

sux -
    no WMV support
    no RIM support

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G
    Quote Originally Posted by phatkat View Post
    PowerPC G4. Made the switch a year ago. Can do 99% of the things I could do with Windoze... no issues... at least before some of the OS security updates.

sux -
    no WMV support
    no RIM support
    I'm able to play WMV files with ease. I use a program called Flip4Mac. Worked without a hitch when I installed it with Tiger...and it never had a hiccup when I upgraded to Leopard...

JoeSPAR10 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    317D68FE

Been on Mac for about one year. Lovin' it. C2D 2gz Black MacBook w/ 2GB RAM. SprintBerry Pearl 8130. Bluetooth tethering working, still struggling w/ USB.

s16ri no está en línea Stack level 5

Switched in '04 and glad with the choice. I should've done it years before
    Though it's coming to 4 years, my PBook G4 is still a loyal and reliable machine. But that MacBook Air is one hell of a drooling-factor!
    Last edited by s16ri; 01-16-2008 at 05:24 PM.

g.baltazar no está en línea Stack level 1

17" Macbook PRO
    1920x1200 high-res screen
    2.6ghz Intel Core2Duo
    4gb Corsair ram
    200gb 7200 sata
    Leopard and Vista boot camped.

Mac 4 life.

dhyde79 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319FB186

12" iBook G3 600mhz right now, looking at a 15" MBP later this year. Alltel 8130 Pearl, so far using pocketmac, probably going to toss it and go to missingsync simply for the fact that I have it for WM5 and it's only a $19.99 crossgrade license.....

have this iBook, and the wife and I are both looking at saving towards Macbooks, pro for me, probably a regular for her, I'm getting into photography a lot more so I want the bigger HD space and muscle that the pro has....and with her educational discount as a teacher, it's nice, all the apple software at half price!

E3BK no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    JUST ASK

Switched 4 years ago and haven't looked back. Not sure about the Air...but I'm saving for a 15" MacBook Pro with all the fixins..ooohhh..ahhhhh.

mattbrody no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2111E9AA

uff the greates of all

1 Mac MINI with intel 2 core duo
    1 Ibook with intel 2 core duo

reflexicon no está en línea Stack level 1

Greetings :-)

Use both a Macbook and a Dell desktop- prefer OS X on the laptop.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

I have been using Mac Laptops since the 1st model was released yrs ago. I also have been using ThinkPads concurrently.

While I prefer the Mac as my personal laptop, it's been ThinkPads for work. Now that Apple offers an Intel based laptops I plan to migrate to a new MacBook Pro having read that they are due to get the new touch pad as implemented on the MacBook Air. That plus the new processor to be included in the upcoming MBP model. Once released I am buying it & installing VMware. The latest ver of VMware is well sorted out & will run Window XP.SP2 perfectly at the same time alonside of OSX Leopard in seperate windows.

This will be the ultimate solution. I eagerly await the upcoming MBP.

~via Red BB 8310 (wap.pinstack.com)~

Murfunit no está en línea Stack level 2

Card carryin', bona fide Mac user here. We've got a MacBook Pro, MacBook, iMac 24 and Mac Mini in the family.

Trying to decide if I want to use my tax return for a Mac Pro or a MacBook Air... Decisions Decisions. Thinking I can maybe get away with both if I replace the Mini with the Pro and 'donate' the Mini to my other half. (He just got his MacBook for Christmas and is totally won over)

VMWare is a great option. I run XP Pro on my iNac and MBP in VMWare and even game with it.

But I also keep a Bootcamp partition on my iMac and MBP for the real hardcore graphics intensive apps.
    Last edited by Murfunit; 01-27-2008 at 11:14 AM.
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Murfunit
    Let's talk MacBook Air. I notice the your current collection of Macs are similar to mine. I too have a lot of interest in the MBA, however so far I've resisted the urge to pre-order one. While it's drop dead gorgeous (I tried one at MacWorld SF) my concern is the sealed non-user replaceable battery.

The housing of this model is flawless, almost like Jewelry. I cannot image having to send it in where a tech who replaces batteries as fast as he can (day after day) would disassemble it & install the battery without scratching it.

If the battery would last 18 months I could live with that, as that's when I would sell it & upgrade to a newer model. However having owned more than 15 Powerbooks & 3 MBP's I have had a few where the battery went bad around six to eight months. I use Laptops as my main machine for work, that's why I'm always upgrading as I need the most resources available.

However that said I would be using this as my personal non-work computer. So it would not see such heavy usage.

Your thought's?