View Poll Results: Are you a Mac User?

Voters
549. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Are you a Mac User?

529 96.36%
  • (Blank)

20 3.64%
Page 1 of 14 123456 ... LastLast

Where are you? Trying to get a "head count" of how many Mac users we ... Macs & MacBooks forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Mac Users?!

Advertisement

Where are you? Trying to get a "head count" of how many Mac users we have here.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

Re: Mac Users?!

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~
    I am a lifetime Mac user.

Currently running OS X 10.4.6 on:

12" PowerBook G4 1.5 GHz
    17" iMac G4 1 GHz
    PowerMac G4 400 MHz

spagatti no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20406CA3

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~i am a mac user. I have a 15" g4 powerbook and an older 12" g3 ibook, both running the latest version of tiger.

Ruminator no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d2215a

I switched in Devember 2003. I'm not going back! I will buy an Intel-based Mac probably next year and will run Parallel to get the few Windows-only apps I run to work under Mac OS X. Leopard will be out soon! OS X/*nix rules!!!

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~

gabe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2022D44B

lifetime Mac user... currently using 2x2GHz G5 and 12" PowerBook G4/1.33GHz
    PIN: 2022D44B
    Cingular BB 7290
    my free blog hosting

tjunkie no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    203E690C

Thumbs up Re: Mac Users?!

Have been a Mac User for 8 years. Will never touch Windows again.

v_blackberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204CFD57

I've been a Macintosh user 4 many yrs. I started out w/the Mac LCll, LClll, Quadra 610, iMac Strawberry 333mhz & *iMac Snow 500mhz. *(Currently In Use) I'm also using a Dell Optiplex GX 260 Computer. But Mac is my true pride & joy.
    7105T(Pin:23D37D06) *8700G(Pin:23D53CE9) & *8100/PEARL(Pin:204CFD57) *Currently In Use...

May God Continue To Bless You, & Have A Nice Day!

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

I am thinking of making the switch. I have been using my friends iMac G5 a lot lately. I do want to get an Intel Mac, that way I dual boot it.

tekgik no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204031B6

macbook pro - 2.0 ghz 15.4"

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Hello Mac users, I'm a longtime windows user. I am a pc tech and very interested in purchasing a Mac laptop can anyone give me any help or suggestions while I do my research for a good buy. Not looking for a super computer just something that allow me to learn about the mac hands on. Thank you!

tekgik no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204031B6

you could start with the new macbook's or the new intel mac mini's for a starter machine.

PIN/ID
    23d2215a

Quote Originally Posted by msbrenda64
    I am a pc tech and very interested in purchasing a Mac laptop can anyone give me any help or suggestions while I do my research for a good buy.
    The newest in Apple's notebook line was just announced a few days ago. The MacBook (http://www.apple.com/macbook/macbook.html) is an Intel Core-Duo based 13" machine that looks to have much potential. I'm actually considering one of these for Wife, who is currently using a Toshiba notebook, but has fits with Windows and Windows-based software.

These machines start at about $1K and go up from there. The professional line, the MacBook Pro, is about twice that and up. I'm thinking of a MacBook Pro to replace my PowerBook G4, but not until the first part of 2007.

If you know any *nix, you're gonna love the Apple OS X operating system. I'm an old *nix geek and feel at home at the command line as well as in the GUI.

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by Ruminator
    The newest in Apple's notebook line was just announced a few days ago. The MacBook (http://www.apple.com/macbook/macbook.html) is an Intel Core-Duo based 13" machine that looks to have much potential. I'm actually considering one of these for Wife, who is currently using a Toshiba notebook, but has fits with Windows and Windows-based software.

These machines start at about $1K and go up from there. The professional line, the MacBook Pro, is about twice that and up. I'm thinking of a MacBook Pro to replace my PowerBook G4, but not until the first part of 2007.

If you know any *nix, you're gonna love the Apple OS X operating system. I'm an old *nix geek and feel at home at the command line as well as in the GUI.
    Thanks a lot this information is very help I noticed Macs are more expensive that Windows based laptops. These laptops compare to my own as far as specs go and I only paid $800 for mine brand new. Will the software be more expensive as well?

PIN/ID
    23d2215a

Interesting you ask that. I've done some price-comparing and Mac's generally cost about the same as high-end PC hardware. That would be Sony or something like that. I was looking at a Vaio Core-Duo system the other day that was as expensive as the MacBook Pro, which surprised me a little.

As far as software goes, you can buy MS Office for OS X. If you don't need that, then a company called Mariner software (http://www.marinersoftware.com) makes a decent word processor and spreadsheet that can interchange files with Word and Excel. I downloaded and played with both packages and they're decent. They are also not terribly expensive.

If I didn't need Word and Excel, I'd probably own a copy of the Mariner products. The Mariner products are less expensive than comparable Windows-based tools. Because I work in a shop that is dependent on Word and Excel, I use those for collaborative work. For my own writing I use a open-source software called TeX, but that's very geeky and I don't recommend it unless I know the other person is quite technical and has need to produce technical documents.

Macs come with iLife which is a suite of products that does a lot of the things you might want to do. I use iTunes (of course) and iPhoto quite a bit. I've also used iMovie and iDVD some as well. The Apple site has a lot of information on the iLife suite.

I also own iWork. I don't use Pages but I think Keynote rocks for making presentations. It's a much prettier package than PowerPoint and is well-integrated with OS X system tools.

I can go on, and on, and on... One of my favorite things about OS X is the integrated spell-checking dictionary. It works with all of the Apple software and means I only have to add new words once. There's also a regular dictionary for looking up the meanings and synonyms of words.

If you have specific questions, PM, PIN, or email me and I'll be happy to answer.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

1K and up???? OUCH I was hoping that there'd be something cheaper when I finish paying off this PC which has problems with crashing and rebooting (not all the time) plus I'm just curious about the Mac OS LOL

Page 1 of 14 123456 ... LastLast