Does any one own a mac mini tell me a bit about it plz. Thinking ... Macs & MacBooks forum

blazen2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2426EC63

mac mini

Advertisement

Does any one own a mac mini tell me a bit about it plz. Thinking about buying one.

mrmoe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Use one for a lil bit. Small, Cool, machines. However I have moved on to a G5. I recommend Macs & *Nix over PC. =] My 2 Cents
    Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most.
    | The DarkSide of PinStack | FAQ | Downloads |

PIN/ID
    2426EC63
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~whats a g5. Also what's a NIX

furtive no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7a47e9f3
    They're nice - I don't know what your experience with Mac OS X is, but there's a bit of a learning curve involved. The problem with the Mac Minis are that they require you to have your own keyboard/monitor/mouse, so if you were thinking about upgrading those as well - you might be better off buying an iMac.

Buy the base model and upgrade everything else later. The price that Apple charges for memory upgrades is insane and you can buy from from Newegg.com for a fraction of the price.

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I bought one for my mom and I love it. I use it all the time Love the unix subsystem obviously. Basically, to make this review short and not "why I love macs", the mini is nice and small. Not amzing for hard core computation, but amazing for a desktop system for web, email, basic web/smtp servers, and day to day work.

furtive no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7a47e9f3
    Personally, I'd avoid any fanboys and go with the questions of what are you looking to do with your computer, and solve it. If you're looking for a home computer to do photos/videos/web surfing/email, then a Mac is just fine.

If you're in the US, look at Amazon.com to buy it from. No tax + free shipping, plus they have the occasional rebate.

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by furtive View Post
    Personally, I'd avoid any fanboys and go with the questions of what are you looking to do with your computer, and solve it. If you're looking for a home computer to do photos/videos/web surfing/email, then a Mac is just fine.

If you're in the US, look at Amazon.com to buy it from. No tax + free shipping, plus they have the occasional rebate.
    Good Point, agree completely.
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    ^Ditto^ and you may consider waiting just a bit longer on the Mini idea. I read they are updating that real soon and will have some nice upgrades to it. That may also help reduce the price on the older model you are looking at.

PIN/ID
    2426EC63
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thanks guys really good input. After seeing the 24 inch imac I think it was at best buy WOOOOOW. Its a thing of beauty I'm saving up for that now. But that's to all for the info.