Ok, I set up a seperate .Mac account for exclusive use on my BB... The ... Macs & MacBooks forum

KSpider no está en línea Stack level 1

.Mac Mail and BB Pearl (IMAP?)

Advertisement

Ok, I set up a seperate .Mac account for exclusive use on my BB... The Idea is, because this is IMAP, If I delete emails on the .mac server, they will also be deleted from my BB... This idea is not becoming reality... Will it just take a while to get deleted from the BB, is this just not going to happen? I set it up as an IMAP account on mytmobile.com ...

Thanks

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F

Re: .Mac Mail and BB Pearl (IMAP?)

IMAPP keeps the files on the server. I use my .mac account on my BB 8100. When emails are sent, they will come to .mac and your pearl. When you delete them off your BB it will give you the option to delete them on Handset only or Handset and Server. If yuo have an email saved to your .mac account you must goto the web to access it. The BB sets up a lil icon just to go to your emails that have been received. Its really easy. I love it. I have my .Mac account and my Yahoo account on the BB. I never have to get on the computer anymore to get my emails.

If you have any more questions email me mazdaboi@mac.com or PIN me

-J

nkunkel no está en línea Stack level 1

KSpider, I have the same exact question as you, as in: When I delete IMAP emails on my computer, how come they don't delete on my BB8100? It's very frustrating and the reply to your thread didn't address your question at all. Did you ever get a good answer or find a solution?

Please let me know!

ajmctaggart no está en línea Stack level 3

IMAP isn't truly IMAP on your BB. Yes, your BB will have the settings (port, etc) to log in, grab your messages, and "push" them to the BB, as it will with any pop account. I guess what I should say is, the BB treats your IMAP as POP, giving you none of the great features that IMAP has to offer. You will not find your folder tree to that IMAP account anywhere on your BB. This is one of the main issues I am having with my BB...I love the concept of IMAP, but it is unusable on your BB. If someone came out w/ a Java based IMAP client for the Berry, We would be unstoppable. There is a program called Chattermail for the Treo, haven't found one yet for the BB.

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble. The functionality of IMAP accounts is useless to the BB w/o some 3rd Party client that doesn't exist yet...

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: .Mac Mail and BB Pearl (IMAP?)

ajmctaggart and all, you are right in your explanation. As a small solution driven post, I can offer this method. When I receive emails on my BB from my .Mac account, I either keep them or delete them and you are given 2 choices for deletion: "On Handheld" OR "On Mailbox and Handheld". By paying attention to what you want to keep in your "IN Box", you can choose one or the other option, and then hit "Reconcile Now". This will delete all the messages on your IMAP In Box that you do not want, and keep all the ones you do want. While it does not give you any of your other IMAP folders, at least you can come back to your office or home computer and see an InBox that matches what you have on your Blackberry. I have done this on 3 and 4 day trips and when I get back to my computer, it looks like what I've been doing on my BB. I can then move any messages I want to the appropriate folders. In the end, it just helps eliminate the buildup of all the email you do not want to keep.

ajmctaggart no está en línea Stack level 3

wyclffe- I learned of this solution today, called mobamail. I'm not at all sure of it's capabilities, as it is a standard java based ap, not optimized for the BB, but for 3 bucks per month, I hear it gives you IMAP syncing! Just a thought for those who would love IMAP functionality on the road.

Not a bad idea to reconcile if you don't need your folders THAT badly...

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Quote Originally Posted by ajmctaggart
    wyclffe- I learned of this solution today, called mobamail. I'm not at all sure of it's capabilities, as it is a standard java based ap, not optimized for the BB, but for 3 bucks per month, I hear it gives you IMAP syncing! Just a thought for those who would love IMAP functionality on the road.

Not a bad idea to reconcile if you don't need your folders THAT badly...
    Thanks...I'll check it out!

pflanagan no está en línea Stack level 1

I also use a .mac account. One annoying problem is that my .mac emails are always duplicated on my BB (2 copies of each email). Any suggestions?

thanks

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Quote Originally Posted by pflanagan
    I also use a .mac account. One annoying problem is that my .mac emails are always duplicated on my BB (2 copies of each email). Any suggestions?

thanks
    Have you checked your preferences online with your.Mac account. Log onto your .Mac account through your browser and check the preferences you have selected in the Mail section. If that does not work, log onto your account with T-Mobile or Cingular and check the same. My guess is that at one placce or the other you will find a preference checked that is forwarding your mail and giving you two copies.

niknud no está en línea Stack level 2

I just got my pearl last week... switching from the Treo 650 - specifically Chattermail which just blows anything on the BB away. I am also searching for a replacement to chattermail and came across this post in my search...

just before i got here i came across a java based imap e.mail program called imobile mail: http://www.imobilemail.com/index.php

I have not tried it yet... it looks like the best thing I can find thus far but you have to have it open for it to automatically check for new mail every 5 minutes. Coming from a treo.... thats not possible... on the BB... not sure yet what that means cause some programs stay open even after you leave them.... so this may work.

Has anyone ever tried this?

zentient no está en línea Stack level 2

So it's not actually IMAP; OK, I can understand that. So what happens when you "file" a message on your Blackberry: does it do anything to the email on your actual Pop/IMAP account?
    And how does one retain copies (on your computer) of mail you send from your Blackberry (aside from just copying yourself in to every message)?