hey everyone- new to using the forums, first post here. i have a bb pearl ... Macs & MacBooks forum

bbtransplant2 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question mac & backberry media

Advertisement

hey everyone-

new to using the forums, first post here. i have a bb pearl 8100 and i love it and can't wait til i get back stateside to try out the new curve. trying to get media onto the sd card from my macbook and it isn't working. i can drag mp3 files and they work fine. video won't work right though. if it's a .avi file, there is an "error trying to play" message that pops up on the bb screen. if it's an .wmv file, it won't even show that it's on my sd card, same as a divx video. and if it's an .m4v file it transfers but i get audio but no video. was wondering if i bought the quicktime pro and used that to convert files would that let me drag, drop and view vids on my pearl. not very tech savy so the easiest thing might be the best. any advice? thanks.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: mac & backberry media

any luck on this one?
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

larryw no está en línea Stack level 2

Video format is mp4. Screen is 320X240

I haven't found an application that will directtly convert wmv to mp4 on the Mac, so I use my PC and the RIM DT software. Do you have Parallels or Bootcamp?

Quote Originally Posted by larryw
    Video format is mp4. Screen is 320X240

I haven't found an application that will directtly convert wmv to mp4 on the Mac, so I use my PC and the RIM DT software. Do you have Parallels or Bootcamp?

no i don't have parallels or bootcamp (not quite sure how to use em either). but do you know if quicktime pro will convert the videos i want to mp4? is that an option?

Quote Originally Posted by melissaox
    any luck on this one?
    not yet... still looking
    Last edited by bbtransplant2; 10-06-2007 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Automerged.

larryw no está en línea Stack level 2

Yes, you want mp4.

There is a thrid party wmv codec for QT; check Apple's quicktime site for details.

thanks, i'll give that a look.

well i figured out what to do. broke down and paid the 30 bucks to upgrade to QT pro and it works like a charm. i tried every freeware or trial converter i could find and still couldn't get saved media to transfer over to an mp4 format. maybe it's cause im not that good with computers. oh, well, no worries. 30 bucks very well spent.