Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just want to say thanks to everyone here that made owning my Blackberry 8700g, ... Macs & MacBooks forum

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Leaving Pinstack....

Advertisement

I just want to say thanks to everyone here that made owning my Blackberry 8700g, a great experience. Pinstack.com is the most well-designed site I have ever been to, and so brilliantly thought out for its user interface. On the other hand, RIM should take a look at their customer service of Mac users and how loyal a group we are...for me, they blew this relationship over a very long period of time. Thank you Hayden for your help and insight, and for directing my early questions to the right area. Take care guys and gals!

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Leaving Pinstack....

Good luck!!!

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

sorry to hear. enjoy your next new device

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: Leaving Pinstack....

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyRVC
    Good luck!!!

Good luck to you, StaceyRVC...you were one of the first to lend a helping hand and it was much appreciated!!

JDWired no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3156B31E

Stacey has and always will be the lending hand in the Stacks Best of luck to you wclyffe, I hope you find a great device that suits your needs...sorry to see you go, looks like you have a been a great active member here
    Search Flex - Directory of SEO Services

shmengie no está en línea Stack level 4

i smell an iphone...

good luck!

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

so if you leaving bb and pinstack.. where ya goin? please dont gooo.. please dont gooo.. hey i want you to knowwww please dont goo. dont gooooo awayyy lol just a lil song i thought of.

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

you forgot the part "i love you sooo..." haha

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

i didnt want to anyone to get the wrong ideas.. but thanks lolol

dgy2k1 no está en línea Stack level 3

Good Luck. Sorry to see you go.!

jgirly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Have a good one!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jwlussow no está en línea Stack level 3

I too have a new iPhone and I love it. I think I will still hang out because I also love my old and ex-phone, the 7100i. I am hoping that RIM will start supporting Macs and by the time I need my next phone I can seriously consider coming back to a BB. Only time will tell.

It is a great feeling, for the first time in my life to have ALL of my contacts, calendars and tasks available to me on the road. The info is even correct - that never happened with PocketMac or Missing Sync.
    Last edited by jwlussow; 07-08-2007 at 04:37 PM.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

yeah curious what you replaced your BB with.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

jwlussow no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39
    yeah curious what you replaced your BB with.
    In case he is already gone, wclyffe did get an iPhone.

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: Leaving Pinstack....

Quote Originally Posted by jwlussow
    I too have a new iPhone and I love it. I think I will still hang out because I also love my old and ex-phone, the 7100i. I am hoping that RIM will start supporting Macs and by the time I need my next phone I can seriously consider coming back to a BB. Only time will tell.

It is a great feeling, for the first time in my life to have ALL of my contacts, calendars and tasks available to me on the road. The info is even correct - that never happened with PocketMac or Missing Sync.
    Yes, I bought an iPhone, but I wasn't even going to get into it on a BB board, but here is some initial insights. As jwlussow said, it is astounding to have EVERYTHING (Calendar, Contacts, Bookmarks, Email, Notes, Music, Movies, TV shows, etc.) on your phone with perfect access and perfect synching...there is nothing like it. I am a .Mac user as well, so all my email stays in constant sync. As a Mac user, I now know the feeling users on a BES get in working with their email.

The processor (620MHz ARM chip) in the phone is so fast and floating from email to surfing to using the phone is an extraordinary experience. The biggest feature for me is seeing my email exactly as it was sent, not delivered in a broken text form. There are a few things that I would like to see, but based on the early PR, a lot more is coming from Apple in the form of software updates (IChat, Java, Flash, Widgets, etc). They are asking users to give input and collecting user data (if you allow them) when you sync, to improve the system...very cool.

The biggest learning curve for me was of course creating and sending an email. At first, I could not type on the keyboard without making a bunch of mistakes. It was really frustrating. I was trying to use my thumbs like on my BB 8700g, but now I use just my index finger and I am actually faster than I was on my Blackberry. There is quite a lot of talk of rotating the keyboard into landscape mode so it can have really large keys and you can use your thumbs, but I have to say, I am typing fast now with just my index finger.

Lastly, because the phone is Wi-Fi, I am finding that most of the time I am in a Wi-Fi network so the speed of the phone (web surfing) is blazingly fast. Even on Edge, it really flies and moving around a page with your finger is so easy and natural compared to operating a click-wheel or a tiny trackball. I can move through tons of pages, pop in on an article, read it, pop out and have many pages loaded at once. Even on Edge, it moves pretty fast, but I hear that ATT has been upgrading their systrem which is much faster than I experienced on T-Mobile. All said, it is an amazing phone with a few things that need attention, but it is a pleasure to carry around and use.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast