Yesterday my Dad wisely decided to ditch his old Windows Mobile device in favor of ... Macs & MacBooks forum

Trommler no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2414ded9

Question Leaving email on the POP server

Advertisement

Yesterday my Dad wisely decided to ditch his old Windows Mobile device in favor of the red 8310. I helped him setup his account so he could begin getting his POP email on his phone. This was worked like a charm except that the email he receives on the phone seems to be getting deleted from the server. When he logs in from his home computer to get his mail, none of the mail that went to his phone is showing up in his email program. I don't have this issue with my 8310 but I'm receiving Exchange server email and gmail and not POP email.

Is there a setting somewhere that I'm just not finding to leave his email on the server?

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Re: Leaving email on the POP server

The only thing that I can think of is that he probably needs to have "Leave email on server" checked in the Outlook email setup.

Trommler no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2414ded9

Quote Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
    The only thing that I can think of is that he probably needs to have "Leave email on server" checked in the Outlook email setup.
    Thanks but he isn't using Outlook, he uses Mail on his iMac. I'm starting to think there is some other issue here that has nothing to do with the 8310. Especially since I can't find any options on the 8310 to allow or restrict this kind of behavior. Thanks anyway.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

It would have to deal with the iMac then. Try to find some setting to leave the emails on it. It wouldn't have anything to do with the BB.

The setting would have to be on the mail client itself.

Good luck

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3

Try setting the email up on the BB and on the mac as imap instead of pop3. Thats what i did.