Hi, I have been a lurker here for a few days now--just received my new ... Macs & MacBooks forum

indiaalexis no está en línea Stack level 1

Is this true? Advice please

Advertisement

Hi, I have been a lurker here for a few days now--just received my new 8700g on Thursday. I love it! My only problems or questions are the following:

1. Is it true that I cannot receive email on my BB if my computer is asleep or off? This seems ridiculous as I cannot have my computer ON 24/7/365. Please tell me this isn't so.

2. Is it true that I cannot get java script websites unless I have a corporate account? This is also a bummer because I cannot sign into the .Mac website for email (for a workaround if number 1 is true).

I am working on a G5, non-intel computer. I also have a macbook but its in the shop. I would love to hear your input on the above.

Thanks so much!

India

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Is this true? Advice please

I have an 8700g with Tmobile, and all my email comes to me regardless of my PC's status. I have gmail, yahoo, and my blackberry email address.

Are you on BIS or BES (usually through your work)?

Best way to see if a website will work is just go to it. Often if the BB browser can not open it Opera Mini can.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4

You don't have to have your computer signed on all of the time to receive your email.

You can download pocket Mac for free to be able to sync your BB using your Mac.

Yes, java is available. When you go to the browser, click on options and then browser configurations and enable javascript there.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks Melissaox. No, I'm not on a BIS or BES (I assume I'm not since I don't know what they are :-)). Are you on a mac or pc? I think there is a difference for mac users in regard to whether or not the email comes to them without their computer being on but I might be wrong. I HOPE I'm wrong LOL.

I will look into Opera Mini. Thanks for your input!

Hi Phillyslix. Thanks for your input. I tried enabling Java script and I keep getting an error message every time I go to the .Mac website. I looked into BB's help page and it said that only BBEnterprise accounts can receive java script sites. This is terrible. I will keep trying.

Also, the pocket Mac's instructions say that if your computer is asleep, it will not forward your email to your BB. I just wonder if there is a workaround?

Thanks!

There's a lot of Mac users out there that use BB and they have no problem receiving their emails to their BB.

You're more than likely on bis. Bes is what corporate BB users are on the server at their job.

You should be able to set up your email accounts with no problem. Login to my T-Mobile and click on set up BlackBerry internet email. Click on add new account. Type your email address and then the password and confirm the password. Once submitted, you'll get a message on your BB stating that
    The account is configured and you'll start receiving emails from that account.

I also have the Javascript enabled on mine and I am able to view sites that use Java.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~cool thanks a lot. I'll try that.

Thanks. I'll try that.

Thanks. I'll try that.

Did it work for you?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

India, I can help with your questions.

BES refers to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Redirector Option. This requires that you keep your PC on all the time.

Since you are not familiar with what that is, you are on a BlackBerry Internet Service account. You do not need to be logged on or have your PC on to receive messages as long as the email account has been added to your carrier's BIS site (ex. mytmobile.com).

As far as your second question, Java websites may work if you go into your browser options and "Enable Javascript." As Melissa said, the best way to test this is to just try a website and see what happens or use Opera Mini.

Thanks everyone. Yes, I was able to get email even with my computer off last night. As you can see, I was trying to reply using my BB and I didn't think it went through--thus the three thank you replies LOL.

I'm so relieved that the email thing is figured out. You guys are awesome. Now, I just have to figure out the java script thing. I'll keep working at it.

Thanks again.