Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by srl7741 They look nice but there is only one delima. They are ... Macs & MacBooks forum

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    They look nice but there is only one delima. They are not a MacBook or MacBook Pro. Set the two next to each other then even use each one and you will see they are not even close. Pictures do not tell the real user experience. There is only one unibody and it's used to make the MacBook. One solid piece of metal cut out to fit perfect. Thin and strong with the best battery life of any laptop.

Laptop battery life is important and being unplugged for 10 hours is a great benefit.
    AMEN!!!

I recently bought a MacBook Pro 15" in December and I think it is the sweetest thing I've ever purchased

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I said the something after buying my first one. I now laugh at myself for being so naive. Heck I could write and write and write breaking it all down suffice to say OS X is pretty sweet.

If I've learned nothing else from working in the computer forensic field, it's that Windows is by far the worst choice anyone could make.
    They really hit bottom when the Netbooks took off. Disposable took on a new meaning. But that's all for another thread I don't want to hi-Jack the OP.

myblackberyiscool no está en línea Stack level 3
    They are however having the Back to School Promotion where you can get a FREE iPod Touch or other device if you make a purchase.

Link

Since Steam released a Mac client now it's even a great gaming machine.
    Yes, but that is only if your going to college.

Quote Originally Posted by smooth10 View Post
    AMEN!!!

I recently bought a MacBook Pro 15" in December and I think it is the sweetest thing I've ever purchased
    Cool.

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    I've had numerous pc's ad on my 3rd Mac. Could't ask for a better product. My macbook USA basemodel 1.83ghz 13" and runs like a champ even though it looks horrible. And recently picked up older powermac G5, even though. Its. Older it stilldoes beyond the work I need it for. I believe in "you get what you pay for". A $299 laptop is just what it is...nothing. More then that. But a $999 macbook is way superior then that of a $1000 pc laptop. No virus no spam no issues, you cann even run windows in a separate partition if you like.

Its the endall machine, but is not for everyone, hopefully it is for you.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Well, since I have gone Apple way lately ( iPhone and iPad) and am abosolutely thrilled with them, especially the MobileMe program experience, I will be ditching my Toshiba Tecra PC for a MacBook Pro.
    If it's as good as the ones I have from Apple, I have no doubts.
    I' m into fruit now...

Kimberlee no está en línea Stack level 3
    Best decision I ever made was purchasing a Mac Book Pro. I just love it, it's easy to use and I have been to the Apple Store for a couple of work shops. The best best thing about the Mac Book Pro is the battery, it lasts for the entire day!!!!!!!!now thats performance. The screen is brillant. You have to hand it to Apple, they do know how to make the best products, you pay for them but like my Dad always said, "you get what you pay for" and this is soooooo true for Apple. You will not regret buying one.

PIN/ID
    296C692F
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    Well, since I have gone Apple way lately ( iPhone and iPad) and am abosolutely thrilled with them, especially the MobileMe program experience, I will be ditching my Toshiba Tecra PC for a MacBook Pro.
    If it's as good as the ones I have from Apple, I have no doubts.
    I' m into fruit now...
    The learning curve from switching between Operating Systems is relatively very easy. I would say the Mac OS is "Simplified" for instance, there is only one menu bar (top of the screen) and it switches the buttons (text) to which ever application/window is active (selected). Vs. on Windows based computers you have a File Menu bar on EACH window... taking up massive amounts of space.

Which ever mac you buy, old or new, i believe you're making the right choice on trying it out and hopefully sticking with it.
    i3-2100, 8GB, 90GB Vertex3, 1.5TB HDD, HD6850OC, 23"ACER LED Monitor (Gaming Rig)
    1.83ghz Macbook 1,1 (School work, Websurfer)
    4GB Mini, 2GB Nano, 30GB Video, 8GB iPhone 3GS, iPad1
    BB Bold 9900

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^Adpatation is probably the easiest problem to solve. The Mac seems to have a better UI than a PC Some program integration from a PC could be THE problem. But I'm planning on having both OS running at the beginning, and once I acquire sufficient knowledge on the Mac then I'll switch over completely.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    I installed Windows on my first Mac just in case and after the first year looking back I had only booted to Windows to update Windows so I ended up deleting the partition.

The Mac OS UI is sweet and if your into customizing it's appearance it's sweet x10. I would agree tho besides learing the naming convention and different icons the rest is a piece of cake. I will never return to a Windows computer again. When it coms to multimedia it also really shines.

I hope Apple updates the aTV soon to help make the eco system more complete. I can see the new Magic Track Pad as a great universal Remote.
    The current iPhone App (Remote) is awesome so the added size of the Track Pad would be nice

PIN/ID
    296C692F
    I installed Windows on my first Mac just in case and after the first year looking back I had only booted to Windows to update Windows so I ended up deleting the partition.

I hope Apple updates the aTV soon to help make the eco system more complete.

Yea i had Win XP pro on my MB for a few weeks, then just wanted the space for other stuff. so its back to 1 partition.

And instead of an apple TV think about using a mac mini.... the new ones are sweet...but a little pricey.

My next item to purchase will be a 500GB/1TB Time Capsule to replace my linksys router and have a great networking backup device. Central location for music and pictures. must have the latest gen. for windows compatibility (wifes comp)
    i3-2100, 8GB, 90GB Vertex3, 1.5TB HDD, HD6850OC, 23"ACER LED Monitor (Gaming Rig)
    1.83ghz Macbook 1,1 (School work, Websurfer)
    4GB Mini, 2GB Nano, 30GB Video, 8GB iPhone 3GS, iPad1
    BB Bold 9900

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by maz94protege View Post
    Yea i had Win XP pro on my MB for a few weeks, then just wanted the space for other stuff. so its back to 1 partition.

And instead of an apple TV think about using a mac mini.... the new ones are sweet...but a little pricey.

My next item to purchase will be a 500GB/1TB Time Capsule to replace my linksys router and have a great networking backup device. Central location for music and pictures. must have the latest gen. for windows compatibility (wifes comp)
    I've been thinking about that for awhile now. I almost purchased the Mini after the last update but then aTV started receiving press over the difference in the two (+/-) and I held off. We keep hearing about iTunes going to the Cloud and a new aTV the size of the iPod Touch. So I've hld off for a little while. Apple is very close to opening that huge server farm in either North or South Carolina. I'm wondering if that has any impact on the Cloud/iTunes Streaming idea?

I would totaly love a new Mac Mini and I'm sure it would ROCK! So IDK how much longer I'm going to wait but it's not much longer i know that.

I'm actually also thinking about dumping my 24' iMac and switching to the newer 27'. The more Digital Media I get the more weight all these type of items seem to have. At the moment I have 3TB's of Media Storage on my home network and I just want a seamless way to share everything where ever I am in the house. The Mini would be great for that.

Be carefull with the TC. I'm on my 3rd one b/c the other two fell victim to the 18 month burnout. After loosing the first one that's when I decided to move everything off to external drives. I still use a 1TB TC and it's been fine but I know a lot of the first generation models had power supply issues (burned out) after 18 months or so.
    Last edited by srl7741; 08-01-2010 at 04:04 PM.

vicbowling no está en línea Stack level 1
    Mac, like every other electronic company is constantly revising, remaking, updating their technology and equipment. You could pretty much just wait forever because there's always going to be an update. My advice is not to get a knock off though... Macs are macs, not because they look slick (although that's a selling offer) but because of their technology also.

Last edited by vicbowling; 02-15-2011 at 06:52 PM. Reason: typo

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quick question for all you Mac users. Does iTunes play better, e.g., able to download videos, songs, etc to your iPhone, using a Mac instead of a Windows PC?
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Glenn after using my new MacBook Pro for the last 2 days...it does seem to sync faster than my old pc ever seemed to be. By far this is the best computer I've ever ever owned......I couldn't be happier
    Apple iPhone 5C 16gb (Green)

Follow Me on Twitter

Kimberlee no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hi Glenn, I have been using a macbook pro for a year now. Best computer I have ever had and yes it makes a big difference with your iPhone and the macbook. Not so good for Blackberries. I have two daughters using mac book pro's, one has a iphone 4 the other a torch. Both say they were perfect with their laptops. My daughter with the iPhone say it is way way faster than using a PC. Hope this helps. Kimberlee

Yea the battery life is amazing........never ever gets hot.........and no virus........just sweet

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast