Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The local Jax, FL news this morning indicated it would cost an average of $6000 ... Macs & MacBooks forum

data1025 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: iPhone Service Cost info just in...

Advertisement

The local Jax, FL news this morning indicated it would cost an average of $6000 for the device and 3 years of service plan fees... I wonder how they got that.

jwlussow no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by data1025
    The local Jax, FL news this morning indicated it would cost an average of $6000 for the device and 3 years of service plan fees... I wonder how they got that.
    Good question. 36 months at the $99 plan plus the top iPhone at $599 is $4163. I guess with taxes and fees it would run around $5000 total for 3 years. That's still a lot of money but my current Nextel plan and 7100i cost me $5440 for the last 3 years.

Nextel does seem expensive compared to the rest. I got the 7100i because my company used Nextel. Since the buyout their service area seems to have shrunk. Areas that we used to get 4 or 5 bars now have no service. The company is dumping Nextel so I won't need my PTT.

I never realized that there was that much of a price difference for service between providers. I pay over $140 per month for 300 minutes with free incoming and unlimited BB data.

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4

mud - it does use itunes, but itunes isn't necessarily a "paid" service. you can rip cd's or use your existing music libraries and just import them into itunes and upload. itunes is awful though, i really can't stand that program. not user-friendly at all.

the media is making a big deal about the overall cost of the phone including service over a two year period (sounds like the news cast you saw made it three years just to have a larger number). they're complaining about the price of the data plan, which really isn't that bad. it's just that no one ever thought of it like that before.

as for tmobile service, it's awful in new york/new jersey. which is only one of the most densly populated areas in the country, so no big deal. everyone i know with tmobile does nothing but complain about how horrible the serivce is, even when they have full coverage there is static and feedback. woohoo go save some money, i'll keep my better service, thanks.

sigmamason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22BFEE32

Quote Originally Posted by psi chick
    so esesntially they're just giving the regular voice pacakges and charging $20 instead of $30 for the data plan. maybe this will carry over to bb. i'll be happy to save $20 on our plan.
    They are using the normal MediaMax plan of unlimited data for $20/month, and adding in 200 text for free.

Won't force BB plans lower...

The person who posted about not getting data only, you should find a rep or CSR that knows what they are doing. No way you should be forced to pay for voice if you are hearing impaired. That is really dumb.
    We Walk By Faith, Not By Sight!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12