i'm a mac (os x tiger) user, iphone convert (snapped that pos in half at ... Macs & MacBooks forum

shardsofapertur no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Iphone convert needs help!

Advertisement

i'm a mac (os x tiger) user, iphone convert (snapped that pos in half at the store because att really isn't too nice to me, plus, imagine the though of them as i broke their precious iphone, i wish i had a camera) with a bb curve 8310 via att, and i'm having a hell of a time trying to get my bb not to try to delete things off ical every time i sync with pocket mac, my ical is loaded from over a year of stuff, but i want it that way, i like the accountability aspect of knowing when i did what, however my bb seems to want to delete it. also i use the notes function of my ical entries to keep phone numbers or (i'm a college student) whats due in class for what day, and when i sync, either the mac deletes it off the bb or visa versa, any help? I really don't want to throw down 40 for missing sync, and am not sure if that would help anyway. I kinda miss my sony ericsson and isync, but those days are long gone.

Lum
    Lum no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Iphone convert needs help!

lol, wow you snapped it half in the store? hahahaha

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

WOW

shardsofapertur no está en línea Stack level 1

well, ripped the back off and threw it down, in half long ways i guess, i still have it, junk, love the bb, 100 times better, only thing it's really missing is smooth text and better ical integration, but maybe i just don't know how to get it yet

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38

haha thate must have been an epic sight. I phone is really cool, but poorly designed for professionals and lacks basic feature such as cut and paste lol. I love the interface though, other then that it is junk. As for the icalc it should promote for you to itehr merge, or replace all the data in the icalc with the bb's data. Thats the way mine works. If you still have problems, just wait a little while, they are updating pocket sync as there is no longer integration with mac office 2008, hopefully they will fix lots of bugs

JCG3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    you tell the BB to not delete your calendar inputs... open calendar>menu button>options> change the "keep appointments" function to "forever"

my pearl and pocketMac and iCal all seem to get along quite well. try a re-install and tell it to be a two way sync.

hope that helps

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1
    Too bad you broke it. I'm sure you could've gotten a few bucks for it.
    Although, I'm sure you feel much better now
    :)

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    you shouldn't have broken it-you could have auctioned off the right to break it here on the Stacks, im sure someone would have bid some good bucks to do that!

nikonianmike no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2440425B
    When using pocketmac to sync your contacts and calendar, Make sure that yo go to advanced options where it says iCal and check off two way sync instead of write over mac You always want a two way sync to keep all of your information. Or you can simply check the option that allows you to write over the BB. I always use two way. It works best that way. I use my BB with my macbookpro and the iMac. It works great that way.

Cheers!
    au~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~