hi, i have pocket mac and i was trying to install a theme. i went ... Macs & MacBooks forum

psoxie no está en línea Stack level 1

Installing a theme using pocketmac

Advertisement

hi, i have pocket mac and i was trying to install a theme. i went to utilities, install software, and then located the theme file. and the blackberry restarted on it's own, but the theme isn't listed. where did it go? i checked the log and it was successful? help!

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Re: Installing a theme using pocketmac

I have had this same problem time and again and have not been successful using PocketMac to install themes or apps. I utilize my Windows-based desktop at my office to sync and install apps. Unfortunately, Mac users are on the short-end of the stick when it comes to sync software.

You may trying "MissingSync" and see if that works for you. I haven't used it yet but many Mac users do.

There is also an update for PocketMac that was released this week that you may try & see if that solves the problem: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...kYfUFItdsdlg**
    Last edited by KalebsDad78; 09-22-2007 at 02:47 PM.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

thanks for the advice. i simply HATE giving in with my mac, seems like anything Pcs can do i should have a solution for my mac! thanks again.

PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Oh I agree...software developers just haven't gotten that far along with our rational thoughts :-)

Good luck and Welcome to the "Stacks"

Blackberry079 no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yea I been having the same problem as most of you stackers. But it won't sync nothing at all on my Mac period.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

I recommend using the ota (over-the-air) install method and forget about PocketMac when installing themes.

I use the OTA theme's to install new ones, but when it comes to syncing my address book, notes, and iCal task. Nothing sync's for me at all or evening installing an App for the 8100. This is pathetic why can't RIM recognize mac user's and make a seperate app like they do for Windows. There problem solved but i don't think they realize how many people uses macs with the Blackberries either too.

PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Quote Originally Posted by Blackberry079
    This is pathetic why can't RIM recognize mac user's and make a seperate app like they do for Windows. There problem solved but i don't think they realize how many people uses macs with the Blackberries either too.
    They do realize the number of Mac users but we are a very small percentage and it's not cost-feasible for them to spend more time trying to create Mac compatible software as opposed to correcting and updating their Windows based software that is used 98% more.

They did just release an updated version of PocketMac so if you haven't downloaded it yet, you may try that update and see if it resolves any of your problems.

Good luck....

I understand that we are like 10% users, but with the current macs being able to do Windows now. I got the updated verison of poketmac and it still doesn't work. I still think they should make a seperate verison for macs because every other company does that now...

i was able to get pocketmac to sync to my bb without a problem once i plugged it in. i thought it would do it using bluetooth but it didn't. dunno if that's a potential solution for what you're experiencing. and none of the themes in the stacks are OTA