Ok I'm a fellow MAC'er and my blackberry pearl is on it's way to me ... Macs & MacBooks forum

jaded42 no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm a noob!

Advertisement

Ok I'm a fellow MAC'er and my blackberry pearl is on it's way to me hopefully it will be here by Saturday. It is my first blackberry and I'm so excited I found this forum. It's great. After stumbling on here though, I'm kinda afraid that I won't be able to do all the cool stuff with it since I'm a MAC'er. I don't have the dual system. I have a iBook G4 and totally new to blackberries, can anyone tell me what I need so I can have it all set up to use my pearl when it gets here! Thanks!

kre8berry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: I'm a noob!

You should be fine. I use a free program PocketMac to sync the two. I have a G4 Powerbook running Tiger and it syncs just fine. Others have mentioned other sync programs for a cost, but havent tried them. Just install the program and plug and play. I use PocketMac to sync my stickie notes, calendar, address book. Works really good. Welcome to the Stacks. Any questions feel free to ask.
    kre8berry

What's the best way to go about putting videos and mp3's on the pearl from the MAC?

kre8berry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me

I used the option of mass storage when you plug in the USB. It will ask you if you would like to use this option. Then you just drag and drop. Get a SD card too.. I have a GIG.. works nice...
    kre8berry

smomus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    248B113c

If you have a lot of videos and mp3s i recommend a 2 gig. that is what I have. i have heard though that there are 4 gig out there that you can get. It all depends on how much space you want.

Also, you are aware that you cannot play songs downloaded from iTunes on your pearl right!?
    SMO ;-)

smomus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    248B113c

oh and by the way... welcome to the stacks!
    SMO ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by smomus
    If you have a lot of videos and mp3s i recommend a 2 gig. that is what I have. i have heard though that there are 4 gig out there that you can get. It all depends on how much space you want.

Also, you are aware that you cannot play songs downloaded from iTunes on your pearl right!?
    I did not know this.. although we don't download from Itunes, we just transfer CD's into it and download from bit torrent so this shouldn't be a problem right?

hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

Quote Originally Posted by jaded42
    I did not know this.. although we don't download from Itunes, we just transfer CD's into it and download from bit torrent so this shouldn't be a problem right?
    Thats right - as long as they aren't iTunes protected music you can copy it over.. torrents rule.

If you want to shell out some money for the Missing Sync it'll let you sync between your pearl and your iTunes library - its nice if you want to take playlists and such, but like Kre8berry said you can just enable mass storage mode on the BB and drag/drop if you have a memory card for it. Either way - try out PocketMac first - its free and works well (for me at least)...

Welcome to the Stacks...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."

hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

Quote Originally Posted by smomus

You know there's an easy way around this, right?? Just burn the iTunes tracks to a CD (Audio CD, not MP3), then import them into iTunes.. DRM goes bye-bye and you can play anywhere.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."