There's got to be a way to make these 3 things work. I have a ... Macs & MacBooks forum

E3BK no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    JUST ASK

iCal/gCal & BB Woes

Advertisement

There's got to be a way to make these 3 things work. I have a Mac at home & at work, those 2 calendars sync fine with MobileMe. But I have my BB and gCal also that I need to be able to sync. We use Google apps at work so that's what we're using as the team calendar & all my work appointments. And then there's my BB.

How the hec to I get them all to stay in sync? I have Missing Sync but it won't sync my calendar for some reason between the Mac & BB. I also haev Google Sync, which is also not working.

Does anyone have a solution? I would pay if all these things could work together. Sheesh! Darn this technology!

impaler no está en línea Stack level 1
    WOW. You're actually asking a lot, given the status of the technology and the ability for everything to talk. But here's what I'd do in your situation:

Google makes a sync client for BlackBerrys that syncs it and the gCal.

So that should take care of updates between Google/BB. MobileMe syncs the Macs, so you're good there. Getting the BB and the Macs to talk AND get any update, anywhere, between the BB, either Mac, or on .me.com to take might be a challenge. You can subscribe to your gCal calendar in iCal, so you can see the Google Calendar entries at work and home...just can't edit them. But since you have access to GCal anywhere, I'd go with Google Calendar as the primary, and if an update needs to be made on either Mac, just use the Google Calendar web app, rather than iCal. I honestly don't see MM and Google being able to talk, and share a BB as the central device. They can't even get it to work with Macs and the iPhone reliably.

PIN/ID
    JUST ASK
    I don't think it's a lot to ask to have your calendars be the same. All these apps are supposed to make your life easier, not more frustrating :P. Google Sync doesn't seem to work. it just hangs. I've reinstalled, reset, uninstall, etc. Nada. Uninstalled until they can get it right.

So...I published my calendars in iCal, subscribed to those in gCal & work gCal..and vice versa. Problem is, the work gCal subscription in iCal doesn't seem to be working either. Regular gCal does though. Mobileme will sync the 2 Macs. I fixed the Missing Sync problem and I just have to sync the BB & Mac every night. If Google Sync worked, then everything would be in sync wirelessly.

impaler no está en línea Stack level 1
    Well, maybe you're not understanding my point. I agree that apps should make your life easier--BUT...I don't think Google has a responsibility to work with MM or BlackBerrys, nor does MobileMe have a responsibility to make it work with a BB or with Google Calendar. My point is, given the status and nature of the technology, it IS asking alot for everything to sync, between operating systems and standards.

PIN/ID
    JUST ASK
    No, I understand but that doesn't stop me from wishing it. Again, if Google Sync worked the way it's SUPPOSED to with my BB as advertised, it would actually work. So their product not working the way it's supposed to...it is their responsibility.

MobileMe & Google Cal actually work fine. MobileMe has nothing to do with iCal & Google Cal. Mobile Me syncs my 2 macs just fine. iCal and Google Cal sync.

Thanks for being so helpful though.
    Last edited by E3BK; 08-06-2008 at 01:25 AM.