Does anybody know where in the device I can find a clue to realize if ... Macs & MacBooks forum

jc.ve no está en línea Stack level 1

How to know your Blackberry is locked?

Advertisement

Does anybody know where in the device I can find a clue to realize if my BB is locked or not
    I have a 7100t unlocked and was working fine @900MHz band (It was a TMo) until I went to USA and came back to Venezuela.
    All I get (manual or automatic mode) "Emergency Services Only" in Settings -> Options -> Network. Have no bars in signal indicator but in Settings -> Options -> Status sometimes there's "No coverage" at "Signal:" and some others there's a value that goes from less than -80dBm to more than -100dBm (I think this is when the device is performing a network search...)

I checked the antenna connections and looks OK. (If any one wants a guide on how to open a 7100t, just call me )

I've tried:
    - cold reboot
    - hot reboot (remove battery while BB on - TMo tech support recommendation)
    - try to reset (using the button in the back), but the button seems to be broken or damage...
    - try my sim in another phone (it works)
    - whipe the device
    - restore an old backup

But I still don't know if my BB is locked or not. To be or not to be, that is the cuestion...

Thanks a loooot guys!!!

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

Re: How to know your Blackberry is locked?

I'm not sure that you can lock an unlocked phone once you have unlocked it but if anyone has any info or can help this person out then please post.

COJO 24

jc.ve no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: How to know your Blackberry is locked?

IT'S ALIVE!
    This morning I turn my BB on and... surprise!, get connected.
    What happened? I don't know.
    The only thing I did different than other days is to ensure that any of the blank filled configurations (I mean, whit nothing writen), where in fact blank. I erase (nothing) in any suspicious configuration...
    But I think that my carrier looked for my device and found it. I really don't know.

Thank you all for your help (Y)!!!

I think I have some contribution to the forum, after all:
    1. BBs don't get locked back and, as COJO 24 says, it seems to be not possible (without coding).
    2. How to know it's locked?
    a. In (depending on your current theme) Options->Settings->SIM Card type MEPPD (for 7100t). If the option "Network" is "Inactive" and then you type MEPP2 or MEP2 or MEPPD2... (:P) and nothing hapens, I think your phone is unlocked. Please, check this...
    b. Insert another carrier's SIM (that works in a band your BB can operate). If you get connection, then is unlocked.

It's good to be in the air again...