Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hey there, how can i get music on my pearl? i have a media card ... Macs & MacBooks forum

psoxie no está en línea Stack level 1

how to get music on my pearl

Advertisement

hey there, how can i get music on my pearl? i have a media card and pocket mac, i'm a little reluctant to purchase the missing sync, ideas?

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: how to get music on my pearl

you can find someone with a PC...lol

welcome to the stacks soxie
    Last edited by jkai2188; 10-01-2007 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Automerged.
    Bold - 5.0.0.93 / 8310 - 4.5.0.81 ---- AT&T
    8330 - 4.5.0.77 ---- Sprint

Blackberry's are a lifestyle

jeff.kaiser88@yahoo.com

larryw no está en línea Stack level 2

Enable mass media support and drag/copy the mp3 into the ~/blackberry/music folder that mounts on your desktop.

Or drop 20 IQ points and use a PC...

bbtransplant2 no está en línea Stack level 1

shouldnt even need to open up pocket pc. but you gotta enable "mass storage mode" first. go to options, advanced options, media card, and ur at the menu. turn 'media card support' to 'on' - 'mass storage mode support' to 'on' - and 'auto enable....' to 'yes'

soon as you plug in ur bb to the mac via usb it should recognize it as a portable storage device on ur desktop and you can drag and drop files into your sd card.

mkeeper19 no está en línea Stack level 1

why do some fiels show up as m4p and have a little lock in the corner and you canot play them on the bb?

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Is it music you purchased - I don't think you can play those files because of drm issues.

mkeeper19 no está en línea Stack level 1

yes music i purchased via itunes

sseccajd no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: how to get music on my pearl

what program can i use to chop up mp3's to use the as ringtones? I managed to find a ringtone i liked in my music and it was an interlude of a cd which was about 14 seconds or so. My BB 8100 still only plays like the first 3-4 seconds of the mp3. Any ideas on how to set the start point of your mp3?

rainydayz no está en línea Stack level 3

Hello. I'm no BB expert, but I know something that works. If you guys want to put your iTunes music on your BB, there is a way to get around the "protected" files quite nicely.

First, make a playlist with all the songs that you want to use as ringtones.

Then burn them to a CD.

After that, put the CD back into your computer and import the songs back into iTunes. The file is no longer protected.

Now, take those songs, one by one, and play the part that you want to use as a ringtone.

Watch the timer and note the time that the part of the song you want begins (for example 2:37) and note the time you want it to end (example: 3:07).

Write those two times down.

Then right-click (or control click if on a Mac) and select "Get Info".

Select "Options" and enter what you wrote down where it says "Start time" and "Stop time".

After you click "OK", listen and make sure it's what you want.

If it isn't, then add or subtract a couple of seconds (whatever you need) and enter the new times.

When the clip is to your liking, (I usually just make my end time 30 seconds from the start time), right-click the song again and select "Convert to MP3".

At this point, you may want to rename the song because there will now be two of them in your iTunes library--the original song along with the portion you just modified. I usually just keep the title and add -RT to the end (ringtone).

Once this is done, you can plug in your BB, enable mass storage mode, and drag and drop them into your BB folder (preferably one labeled "ringtones")

This works great, the sound is clear, and you can send over Bluetooth to other phones if you'd like.

It sounds complicated, but it is really very easy. I mean hey, you paid iTunes for the music, so you should be able to do whatever you want with it.

If you have music from you own CDs that are in iTunes, you can cut the song down and convert without burning to a CD first. But be sure to keep a copy of the original song too.

I hope that helps you guys. I use a Mac, so I know that it works for us Mac fanboysandgirls.

(mkeeper19 and sseccajd, if your PINs are available, I will PIN you and do my best to help)
    It is whatever I say it is...

saladiro no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by bbtransplant2 View Post
    shouldnt even need to open up pocket pc. but you gotta enable "mass storage mode" first. go to options, advanced options, media card, and ur at the menu. turn 'media card support' to 'on' - 'mass storage mode support' to 'on' - and 'auto enable....' to 'yes'

soon as you plug in ur bb to the mac via usb it should recognize it as a portable storage device on ur desktop and you can drag and drop files into your sd card.

hi I have curve, can this work with media files also? I was thinking about buying missing sync, but if i can x fer media and music, I will save $40 and go with pocket mac

Quote Originally Posted by saladiro View Post
    hi I have curve, can this work with media files also? I was thinking about buying missing sync, but if i can x fer media and music, I will save $40 and go with pocket mac
    You don't need Missing Sync to xfer files. That's just to sync your BB with your Mac. When you plug your BB in, it will appear on your desktop as a mass storage device. (Just be sure to turn mass storage mode on when your phone asks). You can drag and drop the files directly to the BB icon.

saladiro no está en línea Stack level 3

awesome thanks!!

No problem!! PIN me if you have more questions.

KMS0719 no está en línea Stack level 1

I turned on the mass storage device on my BB pearl and every time I went to plug it into my computer the BB shuts down (off). I turned the BB to prompt me when plus into the USB and when I say "yes" it still shuts down. So basically I can't see the BB on my MAC. Any suggestions?

califjewls no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by bbtransplant2 View Post

I must have something set incorrectly? Because my MacBook Pro won't recognize my Blackberry Pearl? I use Missing Sync and I can not get music files to sync that way either? I know it must be some simple setting? Can someone help?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast