PocketMac for BlackBerry devices Apple Macintosh computers
To do a clean uninstall of ... Macs & MacBooks forum
How to do a clean uninstall of PocketMac for BlackBerry
- PocketMac for BlackBerry devices
- Apple Macintosh computers
To do a clean uninstall of PocketMac for BlackBerry devices, complete the following steps:
Note: If the PocketMac icon is still displayed in the Dock, click and drag it off the Dock.
- Make sure that you are logged in with an account that has administrator level permissions in order to clean uninstall.
- Open the hard drive icon on your Macintosh computer.
- From the left menu bar, select Applications, then open PocketMac Sync Manager.
- Click Uninstall PocketMac.
- When prompted to continue uninstalling PocketMac, click Yes.
- When the uninstall process is complete, click Quit.
- Open the hard drive icon on your computer again.
- Select the Users folder.
- The current user will be indicated by the Home icon. Click the Home icon to continue.
- Open the Library folder, then open the Preferences folder.
- Delete the PocketMacBlackberry.plist file.
- Delete the PocketMacAdvancedPreferenceData.plist file.
- Delete the PocketMac SyncManager.plist file.
- Open the Library folder and then open the Application Support folder.
- Delete the PocketMac and PocketMacSyncManager folders.
- Empty the Trash from the Dock by right-clicking and selecting Empty Trash.
- Reboot the Macintosh computer.
Note: If the trash is not emptied, Apple OS/X can retrieve the files from the trash can and replace them instead of creating a new file.
PocketMac for BlackBerry devices can be downloaded from the BlackBerry Solutions for the Mac World web site.
Re: How to do a clean uninstall of PocketMac for BlackBerry
This should be a sticky hayden, well done and pulled together..
Tags for this Thread