Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I am able to get my 8700 connected to my ibook g4 but cannot get ... Macs & MacBooks forum

halfacat no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

I am able to get my 8700 connected to my ibook g4 but cannot get it to sync or dial after pairing.

Make sure you make both devices 'Discoverable' when first setting this up. Once you have them Paired you can turn the 'Discoverable' setting back to off, which is advised if you use either device in public. This caused me a bit of delay.

Once the devices find each other you will be prompted for a PIN or passkey. The first time you are creating a new one. Just be sure you enter the same thing twice, whatever it is.

It only allows you to sync your address book, but I could not get this to happen, nor could I get it to dial a number. The option appears in my Mac Address book when I click on the phone number but it is greyed out.

Any suggestions?

Ruminator no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d2215a
    My only issue (not a wish) with my 8700 is that it doesn't play nice with my Macs. I had this issue with Windows-based PDA's too. PocketMac is a pertial solution. I'm hoping Mark/Space decides to play in this market because their products are more robust than PacketMac's.

So far, only PalmOS-based devices haved worked well with my Macs. But, the Treo has such a bad rep I wasn't willing to go there. That left me with fighting a Windows-based device or getting a BB.

I bought the BB. I can get my calendars and contacts on my BB from my Mac with PM. That's good enough for now. I want more, but this is going to take time, I believe.

Let's lobby Mark/Space for BB support!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Mannyrios no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: How to: (Apple/MacIntosh) Sync With Bluetooth

I've had the same issues listed above. I'm completely new to BB and I also own a Mac. I rec'd the phone yesterday and attempted all that was mentioned above. I wasn't too happy to find out I could not send a file to my Pearl. I'm coming from a Motorola SLVR that plays nice with my Mac. With the SLVR, I was able to send Pics and MP3 files. Does anyone know how to transfer a Pic or MP3 file from their Mac to the Pearl? Thanks in advance! ~Manny

Fender177 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204BAA3F

Quote Originally Posted by HappyHenLisa
    oof. This is frustrating. I can't get any files (mp3's, pics, etc) to the phone. I purchased the Bluetooth device to add to my Mac. It sees my phone, but I got the same message as the person above me.

Edit... Except, I can't sync with the regular USB cord either.
    I'm able to do this... Once I paired my phone to my pbook, I was able to go to the bluetooth icon in the menu bar and go to send file. Select your file and get ready to send. BEFORE YOU CLICK SEND: On your BB (Pearl) go to media, go into (say) pictures, click menu and then click "Receive using Bluetooth". Now click send on your mac.

You can also do this for music and videos. Videos, as you may know are a different beast and have to be converted to the right format etc.

tMax no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E2018A

I also am able to send files to and from my Mac to BB Pearl, but...

...every time I use Bluetooth File Transfer I get an error message after the file was transfered. I forget the text of the message, but it indicates that an error has occurred and the file was not transfered, even though the file was actually received on the other end. What's really odd is that after I do this, my Mac won't shut down or restart (!). Something crashes during shut down and I have to do a "hard restart" (holding down power button until the Mac restarts). I have tried this repeatedly and I'm sure that there is a causal connection - I just don't know which... Also, the Mac works perfectly fine (after the error message) until I want to shut down or restart.

I'm just curious if anyone out there has observed anything similar???

I'm using a PowerBook G4, OS 10.4.8, BB Pearl, OS 4.2.0.42

Cheers,
    TMax

mcody no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Fender177
    I'm able to do this... Once I paired my phone to my pbook, I was able to go to the bluetooth icon in the menu bar and go to send file. Select your file and get ready to send. BEFORE YOU CLICK SEND: On your BB (Pearl) go to media, go into (say) pictures, click menu and then click "Receive using Bluetooth". Now click send on your mac.

You can also do this for music and videos. Videos, as you may know are a different beast and have to be converted to the right format etc.

Genius!!! It worked - I've been pulling my haor out trying to do that - why oh why don't RIM tell you how to do it anywhere....!!! :cry:

Thank so much!

ronin2046 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the tip! I've been cursing at my computer/phone trying to send/receive media.

It would be nice to browse the device and transfer/receive that way.

etcetera no está en línea Stack level 1

How does one transfer an mp3 from mac to BB 8800??? This should be a very easy task.

Wack no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by tMax
    I also am able to send files to and from my Mac to BB Pearl, but...

...every time I use Bluetooth File Transfer I get an error message after the file was transfered. I forget the text of the message, but it indicates that an error has occurred and the file was not transfered, even though the file was actually received on the other end. What's really odd is that after I do this, my Mac won't shut down or restart (!). Something crashes during shut down and I have to do a "hard restart" (holding down power button until the Mac restarts). I have tried this repeatedly and I'm sure that there is a causal connection - I just don't know which... Also, the Mac works perfectly fine (after the error message) until I want to shut down or restart.

I'm just curious if anyone out there has observed anything similar???

Cheers,
    TMax
    I got the same msg about file transfer (an mp3) yet the transfer was complete. Only problem now, is I can't repeat the action. Using bluetooth to send an mp3 will NOT WORK!!! WHY???? Anyone that can help???

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by etcetera
    How does one transfer an mp3 from mac to BB 8800??? This should be a very easy task.
    well the easy method would be to use the USB cable that came with your device, it should just mount as a removeable device (if you have a memory card, if you don't I would not put music on the device). But via BT it should be done the same way as stated above, tell Mac to send it, but tell BB to "receive using BT" under Media
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

leking555 no está en línea Stack level 1

i am facing a similar problem, i get to the stage where it allows me to make a transfer, but whenever it starts the transfer it automatically says that the connection failed and i can never recieve anything! please help if anyone knows how to fix this!!!

B_Lish no está en línea Stack level 1

Ok, do you have to convert mp3 file before sending via bluetooth? I can send pics, but not mp3's.

-Linda

danbevington no está en línea Stack level 1

No, I don't think so.
    As long as you hit the "receive via Bluetooth" option, sending from the mac should be fine.
    I was so pleased when I heard that you could sync BB's with Mac's via the PocketMac software too. It needs a few improvements, but makes life so much easier for us mac users.

Dan.

yossren no está en línea Stack level 1

I ran into the same "Transfer Failed" problem sending MP3s via bluetooth to my Pearl, but not with pictures. Through trial and error, it looks like there is ~2mb limit on the size of the file you can send to your bb. I can send small MP3s to the phone but nothing bigger than 2mb. Very disappointing.

Kenb53 no está en línea Stack level 1

Similar problem, but different platform. Want to sync via BT with Parallels using Windows XP. BB won't recognize USB connection on a virtual PC. Any thoughts? Am using USB connection on the Mac side.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast