Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Q: How do I sync my BB to a MacIntosh/Apple Via Bluetooth? A: Instructions on ... Macs & MacBooks forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

How to: (Apple/MacIntosh) Sync With Bluetooth

Advertisement

Q: How do I sync my BB to a MacIntosh/Apple Via Bluetooth?

A: Instructions on how to sync courtesty of the Apple/MacIntosh website:

Connecting your Mac to your mobile phone You can connect your phone to your Mac using either IrDA or Bluetooth. Many mobile telephones have an infrared (IrDA) port that you can use to connect to PowerBook computers that also have IrDA ports. Some mobile phones also work with Bluetooth, which is included with some computers, or which you add to your computer by purchasing a USB Bluetooth adapter.

These instructions explain how to connect a Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone to your computer.

1. Upgrade to Mac OS X 10.2.1 or later, which includes Bluetooth software.

2. If your computer doesn't have Bluetooth, purchase a USB Bluetooth adapter, and connect it to your computer. Adapters are available from the Apple Store.

3. From the Apple menu, choose System Preferences.

4. From the View menu, choose Bluetooth. The Bluetooth preference pane appears.

5. Make your mobile phone "discoverable" to other Bluetooth devices. See the documentation that came with your phone for instructions.

6. Click the Paired Devices tab in the Bluetooth pane, then click New. A window appears, and your computer searches for your telephone.

7. When your computer finds your telephone, pair the two, making sure to select the "Address Book" and "Internet Access" options. For more information about Bluetooth, and pairing your computer with your phone, use the Help menu.

8. Open Address Book.

9. Make sure the Bluetooth logo in the upper left corner of the Address Book window is blue. If not, click the logo to associate Address Book with the telephone that you just paired to the computer.

10. Select a contact that has a telephone number.

11. Click the label for one of the contact's phone numbers (such as "home", "work", or "mobile"), and choose Dial from the pop-up menu.

Your mobile phone should dial the contact, and you have confirmed that you can connect your phone to your Mac.

Courtesy of Apple Computers

mwolczko no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: How to: (Apple/MacIntosh) Sync With Bluetooth

Isn't it somewhat misleading to include this in a BB forum, when, in fact, it does not work with a BB?

debsbb no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Re: How to: (Apple/MacIntosh) Sync With Bluetooth

Quote Originally Posted by mwolczko
    Isn't it somewhat misleading to include this in a BB forum, when, in fact, it does not work with a BB?
    Seriously. I've had my blackberry for 2 days and even I was confused as to why this would be posted on a BB site. Cuz it doesn't work with a mac--i tried it today (before I found these forums) with my powerbook G4.

zugga no está en línea Stack level 3

At the moment this quide will not work with a bb, but who knows with future models this might be useful for new pinstackers

newsworthy no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by zugga
    At the moment this quide will not work with a bb, but who knows with future models this might be useful for new pinstackers
    I appreciate the effort, but... no, not useful.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

It's the fault of both RIM and Apple.

RIM doesn't allow anything Bluetooth except for headsets and handsfree.

Apple Bluetooth integration ONLY works with Symbian based devices. Sure, you can do limited stuff with a Moto, but it's not integrated.

jester no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23D9EB59

I got it to work.

I have a G4 Powerbook.

I enabled bluetooth on the phone, then I went onto the mac, clicked on the Bluetooth icon and then clicked on "SET UP BLUETOOTH DEVICE" It asks you what type of device it is, then click mobile phone, it'll then try to gather some info on the phone and ask you for the password to gain access to the mac. Since you dont know it yet, just hang tight and then it'll ask you to "Continue" in order to create a password.

It'll take a few seconds to generate a password to link your BB 8700g to the mac.. once you have the password, enter it in the phone.. and PRESTO!.. you're synced.

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ yes but can you sync contacts calendars etc. From the BT? I mean I can pair my BB to my Mac, but it never let's me sync it...

kolas no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kolas no está en línea Stack level 1

I can sync with usb. However I can't sync with bluetooth, my mac recognizes and pairs but says that my bb doesn't have the necessary services. What ever that means????

HappyHenLisa no está en línea Stack level 1

oof. This is frustrating. I can't get any files (mp3's, pics, etc) to the phone. I purchased the Bluetooth device to add to my Mac. It sees my phone, but I got the same message as the person above me.

Edit... Except, I can't sync with the regular USB cord either.

skimmilk no está en línea Stack level 1

Has anyone else besides me given up on Bluetooth support in PocketMac? I feel quite dated plugging in my phone just to get my calendar synced. And there has got to be a more graceful way of sending files over BT... the random error message at the end always confuses me.

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Quote Originally Posted by kolas
    I can sync with usb. However I can't sync with bluetooth, my mac recognizes and pairs but says that my bb doesn't have the necessary services. What ever that means????

Bluetooth has different "profiles" or "services" depending on the version, and what RIM has enabled. The 7130e has voice and desktop communications enabled (looked in system prefs).

That being said you can only use it with a headset, that is my expirience. anyone else?
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

skimmilk no está en línea Stack level 1

You can file transfer via BT on a pearl. its very clunky but it works even without PocketMac. They're supposedly adding sync-ing but I'll believe it when I see it. I think I'm stuck just lugging this USB cable everywhere. I wonder if theres a shorter/lighter one around. At least I can charge by it... most of the time... when PocketMac is happy.

ujvb no está en línea Stack level 1

How do you file transfer from a Mac to a Pearl?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast