Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

skimmilk im curious are you getting your 8100 to tether through bluetooth? or the usb? ... Macs & MacBooks forum

thirdleft152 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23eeac38

Re: How to: (Apple/MacIntosh) Use BB As A Wireless Modem

Advertisement

skimmilk im curious are you getting your 8100 to tether through bluetooth? or the usb?

im also intereseted in the tethering data charge, if there is one that is. i think from what i've read up on so far, there isn't one it will just use the BIS you currently have.

skimmilk no está en línea Stack level 1

I haven't been charged nor do I know anyone who has been. I haven't been traveling much though so I have hardly used it since the initial test phase.

I tether through bluetooth. USB most definitely would require some customized software I think (a.k.a. Cingular tethering plan).

TexBerry no está en línea Stack level 1

I got the Bluetooth tethering to work excellent on my roommate's Macbook Pro via the script written above on fibble.org through T-Mobile! Is there a script to do this excact same thing for a pc? I've seen the instruction for doing it via USB cable through the desktop manager but nothing via Bluetooth... Help? via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ronin2046 no está en línea Stack level 1

Anyone here have success doing this on the Fido network here in Canada?

Fido has enabled BB support now...

mr-jordan no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23FF1400

if you have disconnection notices every few minutes, try looking through these tips found at the fibble website!

Several people have reported that the process of connecting to T-Mobile works, but that they’re disconnected thirty seconds to a minute later. Usually this sort of thing happens in areas of weak signal, but it seems like there’s some other reason for it as well. A couple of people have reported seeing Connection Log entries that look like the following:
    No response to 4 echo-requests
    Serial link appears to be disconnected.
    ipcp: down
    sent [LCP TermReq id=0x3 “Peer not responding”]
    rcvd [LCP TermAck id=0x3]
    Connection terminated.
    Connect time 1.2 minutes.
    If your logs have similar entries (you can check by choosing ‘Connection Log’ from the Window menu of the Internet Connect application), then try the following and see if it helps:
    First, does your Bluetooth connection show up in System Preferences -> Network? If it does, select it and click the ‘Configure…’ button. Click the ‘PPP Options…’ and verify the settings are the following:
    • All Session Options are unchecked.
    • Send PPP Echo Packets is unchecked. (I have it checked and have no problems, but others have reported success with this turned off.)
    • Connect using a Terminal Window is unchecked.
    • Prompt for password after dialing is unchecked.
    • Use verbose logging is checked.
    If your Bluetooth connection doesn’t show up in the Network preferences pane, you can get it to show up by selecting the Devices tab in Bluetooth preferences, selecting your 8100 from the list, and clicking on ‘Edit Serial Ports’. Pick the Serial Port with Dialup Networking listed in the service column, then check the ‘Show in Network Preferences’ checkbox. (You might want to check that the port type is set to Modem while you’re there, too.)
    Hope that helps!

smomus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    248B113c

hey thanks for the information. I am not on my mac as of right now but I will check this out and see if it helps me to stay connected. somedays it stays connected fine others it doesn't. I have noticed though that it will stay connected if i keep something running in the back ground.. like a download or song download or something that. but after a while i run out of downloads.

anyway thanks for the tip... i'll post back how things work for me
    SMO ;-)

tonelux no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by maz94protege
    im still having so much trouble connecting with the pearl and macbook.

can anyone give me some help on this?
    Make sure you have a good signal. It may sound stupid, but it will appear that it is logging on.

I used:

TELEPHONE NUMBER: wap.cingular
    I used to have the number *99# with my HP but it didn't work. I have also seen *99***1#. I don't know what the difference it, they may all be the same.

ACCOUNT NAME: wap@cingulargprs.com

PASSWORD: CINGULAR1

Again, with the HP, I didn't need the password.

Make sure that the blue light is on when you click connect. IF it isn't you don't have BT. Make sure the phone is set for YES and not NO or ASK for pairing.

With the SYSTEM PREFERENCES at NETWORK, make sure LOCATION is AUTOMATIC

Make sure the PPP is filled out. The funny thing is that my number there is *99***1# with no password.

Make sure that the blackberry script file is copied without being opened by the text editor. It will change it. If you did that and you have tried to load it, redownload it, remove the .txt and copy it next to the old one in the LIB SCRIPT directory, then delete the one with the .txt. You have to close everything (not the computer) and then re-open everything to assign the script. It will still show up as a selection even though it has been erased otherwise. Odd, but there must be a buller that needs to be cleared.

It's kind of a round robin thing, I have never known what it was that I did to make it work, but it wolks well...

howdini no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EBDAC5

Just got a new iMac; I'm on AT&T...does all this currently apply, that is, does the string & passwords etc. still use "Cingular?"

I'm also having trouble in that it keeps diconnecting & giving me a PPP error message. And I can't get the iMac to stop puttng the DCHIP # where the dialup # should be, & vice-verse. Further, it won't allow me to change the Main #. WTF?

If anyone can help, I'd surely appreciate it...

-how

Subicon no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by tonelux
    Make sure you have a good signal. It may sound stupid, but it will appear that it is logging on.

I used:

TELEPHONE NUMBER: wap.cingular
    I used to have the number *99# with my HP but it didn't work. I have also seen *99***1#. I don't know what the difference it, they may all be the same.

ACCOUNT NAME: wap@cingulargprs.com

PASSWORD: CINGULAR1

Again, with the HP, I didn't need the password.

Make sure that the blue light is on when you click connect. IF it isn't you don't have BT. Make sure the phone is set for YES and not NO or ASK for pairing.

With the SYSTEM PREFERENCES at NETWORK, make sure LOCATION is AUTOMATIC

Make sure the PPP is filled out. The funny thing is that my number there is *99***1# with no password.

Make sure that the blackberry script file is copied without being opened by the text editor. It will change it. If you did that and you have tried to load it, redownload it, remove the .txt and copy it next to the old one in the LIB SCRIPT directory, then delete the one with the .txt. You have to close everything (not the computer) and then re-open everything to assign the script. It will still show up as a selection even though it has been erased otherwise. Odd, but there must be a buller that needs to be cleared.

It's kind of a round robin thing, I have never known what it was that I did to make it work, but it wolks well...
    I used this method to solve my d/c problem on my G4 powerbook linked to an 8800 and it worked great. Thank you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12