Hi, I have been googeling for some answers to my tethering problems with my 8800. ... Macs & MacBooks forum

smcardle no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Hi ALL from Sunny Spain

Advertisement

Hi,

I have been googeling for some answers to my tethering problems with my 8800. I have a Macbook Pro and want to use my Blackberry as a tethered modem.

I found a site that had a script for the mac but it doesn't work for me :cry: . I have spoken with the service provider (Vodafone) here in Spain and they tell me that the service is setup correctly.

I am unable to use the Blackberry desktop software as it only runs on Windows and I do not have windows loaded on my Mac

Basically, I configured the blue tooth options and can succesfully transfer my contacts from my Blackberry 8800 to my Mac via bluetooth.

However, following the instructions defined at a URL I am not allowed to post here so I will try this "http colon double forward slash forums dot fibble dot org forward slash viewtopic.php?t=29" and using the correct user and password (both "vodafone" in Spain) I get as far as Authenticating the user then I get an error stating the other side is not responding and then a disconnect

I see from some responses to the original post that other people had this same issue, but they contacted their service provider and got the service switched on and "hay presto all was fine in the land of the net surfers "

But not for ME. The Vodafone service is GPRS and not EDGE if that helps and I have the full Vodafone Blackberry service enabled i.e. I am able to surf the net with my 8800, but what would be really useful is a copy of the spec for the RIM tethered Modem used in the 8800. I could then write a modem script on my Mac and share it with the world, unless somebody out there has a better idea ????

Best regards to all out there reading my drivel...

Steve

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Hi ALL from Sunny Spain

Welcome to the Stacks Steve. Do you still need help with this?

tom_vachon no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AE3FA5

Yes there is no modem script for anything but the pearl. I'm not good enough to write one either. Basically your Mac can't talk to your phone to do it correctly (its not speaking your phone's language).

smcardle no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi,

If anybody can get the spec for the Blackberry 8800 tethered modem I will have a go at writing the script to talk to the MAC.

I am a software engineer by trade and have all the neccessary tools to anaylise and resolve any comms problems but I do required the AT command set and handshaking protocol info for the Blackberry 8800 modem.

Regards

Steve

Alternatively, if somebody has already done this I would be more than happy to test it out for them