Hello... I just upgraded to a MBPro with entourage (from windows). I have noticed the ... Macs & MacBooks forum

racker no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Help! Entourage sync's contacts to exchange but contacts wont show on BB thru BES 4.1

Advertisement

Hello...

I just upgraded to a MBPro with entourage (from windows). I have noticed the following problems with working with entourage, BES 4.1 and my Curve 8300.

- Contacts created in entourage sync up to my exchange 2003 account just fine. But they wont sync to my blackberry curve over the air through BES 4.1. Any suggestions?

- Email two way syncs with about 80% accuracy- all my messages come through just fine to both my entourage inbox and folders as well as my BB but i do notice that sometimes deletions made on the BB or on entourage dont replicate on the other, same with read/unread status. Not too big of deal but it does require extra inbox maintainence. Any ideas or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

- Calendar syncs great, creating more confusion on why contacts are not....

Thanks in advance for the help!

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Help! Entourage sync's contacts to exchange but contacts wont show on BB thru BES

Quote Originally Posted by racker View Post
    Hello...

I just upgraded to a MBPro with entourage (from windows). I have noticed the following problems with working with entourage, BES 4.1 and my Curve 8300.

- Contacts created in entourage sync up to my exchange 2003 account just fine. But they wont sync to my blackberry curve over the air through BES 4.1. Any suggestions?
    Contacts must be in the default Exchange Contacts folder or a Contacts type subfolder. If it's creating a standard subfolder or syncing them to a different folder, they won't go down to your BlackBerry wirelessly.

- Email two way syncs with about 80% accuracy- all my messages come through just fine to both my entourage inbox and folders as well as my BB but i do notice that sometimes deletions made on the BB or on entourage dont replicate on the other, same with read/unread status. Not too big of deal but it does require extra inbox maintainence. Any ideas or suggestions would be very much appreciated.
    Deletes do not replicate immediately, but are deferred until other operations utilize the data connection. However, the problem can indicate either a service book problem, or more likely a BES account problem requiring your Administrator to (completely) delete the BES account and recreate it.

- Calendar syncs great, creating more confusion on why contacts are not....

Thanks in advance for the help!
    yw
    JerryD

racker no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Re: Help! Entourage sync's contacts to exchange but contacts wont show on BB thru BES

Jerry - thank you for your reply.

I checked the contacts folder and it is the default one that is working great with OWA and my outlook 2003 through RPC/remote. I get the contacts that i create in entourage to go to the exchange server but they still wont make it down to my BB through BES.

- i also noticed that my sent mail items from my entourage will show on my sent items folder in OWA/outlook 2003 but they wont make it to my BB through BES....

Any additional help or URL's to resources/blogs would be great - I have googled the "Heck" out of these problems but havent found anything.