I appreciate your advice in advance. Just got my first BB (Pearl) yesterday-- love it ... Macs & MacBooks forum

BeoMac no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Help: BB calendar creates alarms when synced to iCal

Advertisement

I appreciate your advice in advance.

Just got my first BB (Pearl) yesterday-- love it so much more than the various Treo's it has replaced, except for one thing...

Everytime I create an event in the BB calendar and sync to iCal (via PocketMac), the event in iCal shows up with an alarm attached to it.

I have the BB calendar options set to Default Reminder: none, but it happens every single time.

(The first time I synced, it put an alarm in every one of my historical iCal events too-- but I've gone back and deleted them for the past and coming year.)

I have reinstalled PM, and tried both iCal and Entourage with the same results. I've searched thru these forums but haven't found any similiar threads.

What am I doing wrong, and is there a fix?

This small, but annoying problem is driving me batty.

Cheers~~

Question BB calendar events create alarms in iCal after sync

I appreciate your advice in advance.

Just got my first BB (Pearl) yesterday-- love it so much more than the various Treo's it has replaced, except for one thing...

Everytime I create an event in the BB calendar and sync to iCal (via PocketMac), the event in iCal shows up with an alarm attached to it.

I have the BB calendar options set to Default Reminder: none, but it happens every single time.

(The first time I synced, it put an alarm in every one of my historical iCal events too-- but I've gone back and deleted them for the past and coming year.)

I have reinstalled PM, and tried both iCal and Entourage with the same results. I've searched thru these forums but haven't found any similiar threads.

What am I doing wrong, and is there a fix?

This small, but annoying problem is driving me batty.

Cheers~~

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    BeoMac, Welcome to PinStack.

First, it's not necessary to cross-post, same problem in more than one thread/forum. It makes it hard to follow the solution when it's found. That being said, I can't help with the mac problem as I don't have one. I have never heard of this problem though. Maybe someone who has will come along and help.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Thanks Rcbjr, and sorry for the newbie blunder.

Hopefully someone will offer a solution.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    No Problem this time, just wanted you to be aware it, and Yes, hopefully some one will come along and help.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

manapuaman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f011d6
    Did you check the defaults in iCal? One of the alerts maybe on on your iCal.

Thanks, manpuaman.

I did check iCal, and the default is set to no alarm. Alarm defaults on the BB are also set to off.

Very bewildering.

toswal1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Help: BB calendar creates alarms when synced to iCal

I am having the same problem! Find any solutions?

JCG3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    go in to the settings of the calendar on the bb. turn the default alarm time to none or 0mins before the appointment. the bb does set alarms automatically and those alarms transfer to iCal when you sync. heres the play by play: Open calendar on the BB>menu button>options>default reminder> set it to none (for no alerts) or 0mins (for an alert when the appointment time arrives but this will also set an alarm on iCal)

hope that helps

r6668 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by JCG3 View Post
    go in to the settings of the calendar on the bb. turn the default alarm time to none or 0mins before the appointment. the bb does set alarms automatically and those alarms transfer to iCal when you sync. heres the play by play: Open calendar on the BB>menu button>options>default reminder> set it to none (for no alerts) or 0mins (for an alert when the appointment time arrives but this will also set an alarm on iCal)

hope that helps
    This didn't help me. Anyone else solve this?